gargoyle-ispy 2015-March-27 05:44.torrent

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

griftopia

Re: gargoyle-ispy 2015-March-27 05:44.torrent

Post by griftopia »

I'm having wireless channel issues at 5Ghz affecting my speed and have started different thread to discuss the specifics.

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... 896#p28235

Thanks in advance to all for any help.
ISP Provided Router [Irrelevant]
WD MyNetN750 Client Bridge - Garygoyle @ 5.0Ghz Yes !!!

lepgargoyle

Post by lepgargoyle »

Successfully installed on a wd my net n750 with preserved settings. Hopefully this will solve a reboot loop I've been experiencing with v1.7.1 after a few days when making a config change via the web gui.

Thanks!

doug_porsche

Post by doug_porsche »

lepgargoyle wrote:Successfully installed on a wd my net n750 with preserved settings. Hopefully this will solve a reboot loop I've been experiencing with v1.7.1 after a few days when making a config change via the web gui.

Thanks!
I have had occasional reboot loops also.
When this is happening, try and unplug the internet cat5 cable as a test. I suspect it will stop rebooting. It will start again when you plug it back in.

Also, try the 30/30/30 reboot.
NETGEAR WNDR3700v4 or an old Soup can with string. So hard to tell these days.

doug_porsche

Post by doug_porsche »

Lantis wrote:its not everyone's cup of tea, but you should be looking at the code changes for these updates. tells you everything you need to know. was a simple error that caused the issue.
haserl needed the upload limit and directory for the file. That's my understanding.
I am early in the learning curve.

Where would I get this info?
NETGEAR WNDR3700v4 or an old Soup can with string. So hard to tell these days.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

doug_porsche wrote:
Lantis wrote:its not everyone's cup of tea, but you should be looking at the code changes for these updates. tells you everything you need to know. was a simple error that caused the issue.
haserl needed the upload limit and directory for the file. That's my understanding.
I am early in the learning curve.

Where would I get this info?

https://github.com/ericpaulbishop/gargoyle

Look at the list of commits. Eric is usually very descriptive with his patch notes unlike some coders I know lol.

I find it relaxing reading code and figuring out how things work.
Personal hobby of mine to take time off from my engineering studies :)
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

dewuer

Post by dewuer »

As this is my first post want to say Hello to everyone.

First I want to say that I'm not very familiar with posting anything on forums, mainly I'm a reader, so please forgive me if the post is not equal in level everyone is using here,

Anyway, the time has come to register ;)

I'm using builds from 1.5.x series and I prefered to use PL builds from eko. They are installed on WNDR3700v2 + LTE modem ZTE MF821D.
I got and used serial cable few times, too ;)

The one thing which pushed me to write a reply to the latest build is the fact that I have and issue with configuration - basic page. I'm not able to set the configs due to some layout problem on the page.

This was already mentioned by nworbnhoj on Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:32 am
in gargoyle-ispy 2015-March-17 01:50.torrent thread:
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... 878#p28000

From about that time till the latest build I got the same problem with the page, but the best part is when I unplug the modem page layout looks to be fine, plugging again the modem recreates the issue, like recognizing the modem destroys the settings page... :)

So, going from 1.6 version without preserving settings to 1.7.x (preffered option) is ending with no WAN connection.
I tried also to keep the settings from 1.6 to 1.7.x and that even worked in terms of connection, but there is no way to change anything on the mentioned page, i.e. Internet/ WAN or Wi-Fi settings. The web page shows some unneccesary information that more details are needed.

Hope that you will understood my post and if there is anything I can check/change/troubleshoot in GUI or console please let me know and I will give you a reply if that helped or not.
Last edited by dewuer on Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
WNDR3700v2 + ZTE MF821D

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

@dewuer

Hi

Welcome

Screen shots would be helpful

dewuer

Post by dewuer »

Yes, I thought that thay can be seen from the nworbnhoj post.

Mine looks similar, no matter what I choose in 'Connect via' everything in Internet / WAN part stays the same, never seen behaviour like that in previous properly working builds, this was always changing depending on the choosen option.
basic.png
basic.png (79.17 KiB) Viewed 8878 times
With the settings visible on the screenshot I am now connected (cause I preserved settings from 1.6 version while updating).

Similar situation is with Wireless. It is by default disabled, but every configueration option is visible.
wireless.png
wireless.png (96.52 KiB) Viewed 8878 times
When I want to save settings there comes an information window which tells that there is an error in many points.
info.png
info.png (7.16 KiB) Viewed 8878 times
Here it is bit different when I change the Wireless mode to AP it became fine and if I go back again to Disabled it is also fine - this is bit annoying, but just minor issue, at least for me, looks like changing option in Wireless mode triggers the refresh of the page.

So finally it looks like the only missing part for this LTE modem configuration left is after setting Wi-Fi is missing User Name and Password, but there was no need to enter these data before and I don't use User Name and Password at all for my LTE connection.
I cannot add 4th screenshot, but it's similar to the last one but only first two lines appears (after "solving" the Wi-Fi settings).

If the options (User Name, Password) will be not visible/needed to save settings maybe I should be able to configure the connection from fresh 1.7.x firmware installation.

Anyway the whole Internet / WAN part is much more detailed than the older version, of course I'm not saying it's wrong to use new, but maybe some small error came into the 'source' of the page - I'm not an expert to judge here, just loudly thinking.

--- EDIT ----
Just one more thing came to my mind, with my current setup I'm not able to turn on Wi-Fi at all (even its parameters can be set), cause after all it will not allow me to save settings (due to missing User Name & Password).
WNDR3700v2 + ZTE MF821D

lepgargoyle

Post by lepgargoyle »

doug_porsche wrote:
lepgargoyle wrote:Successfully installed on a wd my net n750 with preserved settings. Hopefully this will solve a reboot loop I've been experiencing with v1.7.1 after a few days when making a config change via the web gui.

Thanks!
I have had occasional reboot loops also.
When this is happening, try and unplug the internet cat5 cable as a test. I suspect it will stop rebooting. It will start again when you plug it back in.

Also, try the 30/30/30 reboot.
Thanks, I'll try unplugging the cat5 cable next time (hopefully not). My guess so far is that the reboot loop is most likely related to a memory leak.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Dewuer I expect your inference is correct in that you cannot save the settings due to a blank field which is checks for.

You can however manually edit the settings files on your router to get you up and running.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.