Gargoyle-ispy 2015-January-02.7z

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

ispyisail

Re: Gargoyle-ispy 2015-January-02.7z

Post by ispyisail »

papaskitch wrote:Anyone have any luck with the Archer C7 and dual band? I don't see any GUI option for two bands, or more importantly, wireless AC.
screen shots please

pmerrill

Post by pmerrill »

kingnick wrote:Successfully flashed a TL-WDR4300 v1.0 from Gargoyle-ispy 2014-December-25 to Gargoyle-ispy 2015-January-02 without preserving settings.

As per usual used failsafe+firstboot after flash.

No issue this far, I didn't have any wireless issues with Gargoyle-ispy 2014-December-25 so hopefully Gargoyle-ispy 2015-January-02 is as good.

Thanks for the build.
I'm curious, I have the same router. What's the wireless performance like versus the previous 1.6.2 version of gargoyle? I'd probably do an upgrade but only if the range or wireless throughput improved.
Paul
Gargoyle 1.11.x on TP-Link Archer C7 V2 H/W

papaskitch

Post by papaskitch »

ispyisail wrote:
papaskitch wrote:Anyone have any luck with the Archer C7 and dual band? I don't see any GUI option for two bands, or more importantly, wireless AC.
screen shots please
Wish I had thought of that sooner. Unfortunately flashed DD-WRT and have everything working well at the moment. Wife/kids will hate me if I break it tonight. I'll try with the latest build next weekend if possible and will post the screenshots. Having said that, my setup screen only shows the one band. It's as if the 5Ghz radio isn't there. Only one field for SSID and channel (only 1-11).
Archer C7 | LEDE some trunk version
WDR3600 | Gargoyle 1.9.x

Warning: Sometimes people actually believe I know what I'm talking about. Don't be fooled. I don't.

papaskitch

Post by papaskitch »

ispyisail wrote:
screen shots please
I didn't have a chance to try again, but jmc730 beat me to it:

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... 582#p26692

Has this been fixed in a later build? Do you need any other screenshots?
WDR3600 | Gargoyle 1.9.x

Warning: Sometimes people actually believe I know what I'm talking about. Don't be fooled. I don't.

papaskitch

Post by papaskitch »

ispyisail wrote:
screen shots please
Finally got around to installing it again:

1.7.X (Built 20150109-0720 git@da35789)

Will/can this be fixed? Does this need kmod-ath10k installed? I've tried via opkg without any luck (or clue really).
WDR3600 | Gargoyle 1.9.x

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

or more importantly, wireless AC.
there is no AC for gargoyle

when openwrt gets it we should follow

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wdr7500
For the Archer C7 v1.x and WDR7500 v2.x, the 5GHz 802.11a/n/ac functionality is not supported, and likely will never be, since support for the AR1A (v1) variant of QCA9880 chip is not included in the open source ath10k driver. The Archer C7 v2.x uses the BR4A (v2) variant which is supported in ath10k ath10k Linux

papaskitch

Post by papaskitch »

ispyisail wrote:
or more importantly, wireless AC.
there is no AC for gargoyle

when openwrt gets it we should follow

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wdr7500
For the Archer C7 v1.x and WDR7500 v2.x, the 5GHz 802.11a/n/ac functionality is not supported, and likely will never be, since support for the AR1A (v1) variant of QCA9880 chip is not included in the open source ath10k driver. The Archer C7 v2.x uses the BR4A (v2) variant which is supported in ath10k ath10k Linux
Oh well, I guess I can wait. How about the 5GHz radio?
WDR3600 | Gargoyle 1.9.x

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

works for other routers, can't say for he C7

papaskitch

Post by papaskitch »

ispyisail wrote:
I've read on OpenWRT forum that the 5GHz radio on the Archer C7 V2 needs the kmod-ath10k package in order to work. I've tried installing it via:

Code: Select all

opkg update
opkg install kmod-ath10k
but I get an dependency error. Trying to force the install doesn't work either. Is there any way to get this rolled into the build?
WDR3600 | Gargoyle 1.9.x

l0rdraiden

Post by l0rdraiden »

papaskitch wrote:
ispyisail wrote:
I've read on OpenWRT forum that the 5GHz radio on the Archer C7 V2 needs the kmod-ath10k package in order to work. I've tried installing it via:

Code: Select all

opkg update
opkg install kmod-ath10k
but I get an dependency error. Trying to force the install doesn't work either. Is there any way to get this rolled into the build?
Could you please summarize the compatibility status of the Archer C7?
Everything works fine and stable except the wifi AC?
I have read that wifi AC it won't be supported in gargoyle until openwrt CC gets to the stable version which could in years

Or when more or less gargoyle will start to support wifi AC?

Right now it looks like C7 works well with openwrt CC and installing Ath10k

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php ... 22#p259022

Is possible to donate money to get this implemented in gargolye sooner?