Version 1.7.0 - Barrier Breaker

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

excelsi

Re: Version 1.7.0 - Barrier Breaker

Post by excelsi »

ispyisail wrote:
excelsi wrote:How Long? :-)
In the case if its realy a problem, where are log files i can take out for troublshooting if im in the commandline before execute "firstboot"?
\

don't know

but if I were you I would try "fistboot" then create VPN keys but wait 30 minutes+
Ok thanks waiting more (overnight) helps ;-)
The Problem is now that the OpenVpn Server Configuration Displays that the OpenVPN Server is not running like in my other Post to 1.5.10 here:
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... =11&t=4115

Should i maybe try this solution in the post from ErickEY ?:
faced the port conflict issue. Here is the solution:
remove:
1. folder: /etc/openvpn
it'll be re-created as if you enabled vpn server for the first time
2. the 'ra_openvpn' section in the /etc/config/firewall file

When you reload web interface, your vpn server will be disabled and you will be able to re-setup it from scratch.

Or whats your Suggestion? Thanks for your help.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

excelsi wrote:
ispyisail wrote:
excelsi wrote:How Long? :-)
In the case if its realy a problem, where are log files i can take out for troublshooting if im in the commandline before execute "firstboot"?
\

don't know

but if I were you I would try "fistboot" then create VPN keys but wait 30 minutes+
Ok thanks waiting more (overnight) helps ;-)
The Problem is now that the OpenVpn Server Configuration Displays that the OpenVPN Server is not running like in my other Post to 1.5.10 here:
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... =11&t=4115

Should i maybe try this solution in the post from ErickEY ?:
faced the port conflict issue. Here is the solution:
remove:
1. folder: /etc/openvpn
it'll be re-created as if you enabled vpn server for the first time
2. the 'ra_openvpn' section in the /etc/config/firewall file

When you reload web interface, your vpn server will be disabled and you will be able to re-setup it from scratch.

Or whats your Suggestion? Thanks for your help.
new thread with your current screen shots

excelsi

Post by excelsi »

Ok i made a new thread with screenshot here:
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... f=6&t=6585

pc168

Post by pc168 »

lceron80 wrote:flashed wndr3700v4 for the first time. went smooth without problems. the only issue i am seeing so far is the dual band status page only displaying the 2.4 ghz name and not displaying the 5 ghz name. small issue but i'm finally running gargoyle on this thing 8-) hope the issues get fixed in time and no rush. thanks eric, developers and keep up the good work...
deleted
Last edited by pc168 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

reeze

Post by reeze »

Everything's fine with my TL-WA850RE v1. The wifi lights don't show the signal strength, but that's no problem for me ...
Thx for your work!

pc168

Post by pc168 »

Installed in 3700v4, WiFi (2.4GHz and 5GHz) performance is better than OpenWRT Barrier Breaker 14.07. Tks a lot for your effort ;)

doug_porsche

Post by doug_porsche »

pc168 wrote:Installed in 3700v4, WiFi (2.4GHz and 5GHz) performance is better than OpenWRT Barrier Breaker 14.07. Tks a lot for your effort ;)

Dumb newbie question.

How are you measuring performance?

And/or

What should I notice working better than my 3700v2 running gargoyle 1.6 if I kick up to 1.7?
NETGEAR WNDR3700v4 or an old Soup can with string. So hard to tell these days.

pc168

Post by pc168 »

doug_porsche wrote:
pc168 wrote:Installed in 3700v4, WiFi (2.4GHz and 5GHz) performance is better than OpenWRT Barrier Breaker 14.07. Tks a lot for your effort ;)

Dumb newbie question.

How are you measuring performance?

And/or

What should I notice working better than my 3700v2 running gargoyle 1.6 if I kick up to 1.7?
As gargoyle 1.7.0 is the first version that supports 3700v4, I cannot compare it again gargoyle 1.6. However, I'm using gargoyle 1.6.x in TP-LINK 3020 and it's pretty good.

I use speedtest.net andriod app to check the benchmark and gargoyle 1.7.0 has higher performance (UL/DL speed) than OpenWRT. For instance, gargoyle 1.7.0 has stronger WiFi support (both 2.4 and 5GHz). The support of OpenWRT in the area of 5GHz was quite unstable (talking about my 3700v4, it might not be the case in other brand/models).
Last edited by pc168 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

pc168

Post by pc168 »

Eric wrote:Version 1.7.0, based on OpenWRT Barrier Breaker is now officially released ...
Hi Eric, there is a rather easy way to create guest ssid in OpenWRT. Kindly please advise how could it be achieved in Gargoyle?

jan-r

Post by jan-r »

1.7.0 is up and running on a TL WDR-4300. Great job, Eric. Thanks a lot.

The only thing not working are some plug-ins, e.g. WiFi Schedule. I keep on jumping back to the overview.sh page, when I select the menu entry.

Cheers

Jan