Gargoyle Configuration

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

l0rdraiden

Gargoyle Configuration

Post by l0rdraiden »

Hi, first of all thanks for develop gargoyle.

I am using the latest version of gargoyle in a FON 2100 router.

I have a modem wich only gives 1 ip at the same time so is not possible connect 2 computers at the same time, I have FON 2100 conected to the router.
I have configured gargoyle like that:
Router.png
Router.png (170.28 KiB) Viewed 5217 times
And when I connect to the router FON 2100 my network info is this:
Config.png
Config.png (62.68 KiB) Viewed 5217 times
So this configuration automatically gives me an IP but is an IP directly from the modem.

Is possible configure gargoyle in order to connect to the modem using the ip from the modem and them connect more than 1 computer to the FON 2100?

Thanks in advance

l0rdraiden

Re: Gargoyle Configuration

Post by l0rdraiden »

I have fix the problem configuring the router with a WAN/DHCP Wired.
Now is woriking, but I notice that the speed is not as high as should be, with the ethernet cable the speed is 25/10 Mb/s but with the fon2100 is 9/8 Mb/s so maybe the FON2100 is not good enought for this conexion.
Is possible to get a lighter version of gargoyle?
There is any other software for the router lighter than gargoyle?
I have try with dd wrt but gargoyle is faster.

Memory Usage:12.1MB / 13.4MB (90.3%)
CPU Load Averages:1.30 / 0.59 / 0.34 (1/5/15 minutes)

DoesItMatter

Post by DoesItMatter »

Gargoyle is probably the lightest and quickest I've seen on the Fonera's. I'm running a Fon 2201+ and I've tried DD-WRT and Gargoyle. Gargoyle is the lightest on memory usage.

I don't think there is any other firmware for the Fon, other than the Fon software itself, which I'm not planning on using.

Remember, the more you have enabled, the more memory it will use. I usually don't use QoS or restrictions or anything, so I'm almsot always under 12MB used memory.
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

l0rdraiden

Post by l0rdraiden »

I'm not using QoS or restrictions either, I was just wondering that maybe exists lighter version of gargoyle or any other for the fonera.
I will keep gargoyle and the "low" internet speed :roll:

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Most routers do not support gigabit ethernet (which is what you would need to go higher than the theoretical limit of 12.5MB/s for 100Mbit ethernet, which is typical). Unless you have a gigabit router, you'll never achieve 25MB/s. 8-9MB/s isn't too bad at all, though it is slightly lower than what you might get from a router with a faster processor.