corrupted configuration (QoS)

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

RadioactiveMan

corrupted configuration (QoS)

Post by RadioactiveMan »

I have 17 QoS entries in both the uplink and downlink section of my configuration. However, if I click on "save changes" my router's (TP-Link WR1043-ND V1) configuration gets corrupted and I have to restore the default configuration. The bug seems to be recurring, whenever I add the entries again.

In what way does it get corrupted? After clicking "save changes", the respective subpage (Firewall > uplink or Firewall > downlink) does not show any QoS entries. Adding QoS entires from that state results in an error message. I downloaded the config file for one such corrupted config and looked into etc/config/qos_gargoyle. It showed entires like:

Code: Select all

config download_rule 'download_rule_900'
	option class 'dclass_1'
	option test_order '900'
or at the very end of the file

Code: Select all

config upload_rule 'upload_rule_1000'
(without any "option" lines)

Is there a maximum number of QoS entires for either category one should not cross? I use the latest 1.6.1 version of Gargoyle. Any help is greatly appreciated.

n0pin

Re: corrupted configuration (QoS)

Post by n0pin »

Make sure you don't have multiple tabs of Gargoyle web interface opened, when saving settings.

TopNerds

Post by TopNerds »

n0pin wrote:Make sure you don't have multiple tabs of Gargoyle web interface opened, when saving settings.
;)

Is there a maximum number of QoS entires for either category one should not cross?

The only limite is your router ram.

n0pin

Post by n0pin »

TopNerds wrote:
n0pin wrote:Make sure you don't have multiple tabs of Gargoyle web interface opened, when saving settings.
;)

Is there a maximum number of QoS entires for either category one should not cross?

Sorry, that I have to correct you again :( .

QoS settings are saved in flash memory, not in RAM, since they would be lost on reboot this way. So the only limit is the size of free space in flash memory.

TopNerds

Post by TopNerds »

n0pin wrote:
TopNerds wrote:
;)

Sorry, that I have to correct you again :( .

QoS settings are saved in flash memory, not in RAM, since they would be lost on reboot this way. So the only limit is the size of free space in flash memory.
Yes !!
Sorry for my mistake, flash memory not ram

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

Take n0pin's advice due to known bug. I would also advise making a backup before you hit save button, so you can restore instead of doing a reset.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.