make it ,but no bin...

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

liveup

make it ,but no bin...

Post by liveup »

I want to make custom for rt3052->w306r.
the first time, run cmd:make custom , the second time run cmd:make FULL_BUILD=TRUE custom.
all the same ,make no bin for w306r.
no_bin4w306r.png
no_bin4w306r.png (46.27 KiB) Viewed 5916 times

ericwong

Re: make it ,but no bin...

Post by ericwong »

See my thread, have fun. It is not easy.
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... f=7&t=5190
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

liveup

Post by liveup »

ericwong wrote:See my thread, have fun. It is not easy.
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... f=7&t=5190
I make it by your step,but aslo make no bin.
make kernel_menuconfig ,select the cpu and router.
seletc_rt305x.png
seletc_rt305x.png (30.21 KiB) Viewed 5891 times

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

Follow EVERY step, there is a reason for every step. Having said that, the ROM I build using the latest Gargoyle code I check out a around a week ago seems to have problem for RT305x.

Even if you manage to get the bin, it may not work correctly. This is what I have found and I don't know what the problem is.

You can also select ALL (default for menuconfig, tick all for kernel_menuconfig) rt305x and I think you would see bin files for some models appear and others won't due to unknown reasons.

Have fun and don't ask me how to fix it because I don't know.
I would be interested to know what you did to eventually make it work though ;)

Tip: look at the build log to see what the error is and try to fix it.
Gargoyle building turns logging on by default (log on console screen only) but Openwrt doesn't. Use command
Make V=99 2>&1 | tee build.log
under custom-src to get the log in build.log so you can go through it and find the problem.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

mates

Post by mates »

I am not using custom I always build all

I had this issue with mint and ubuntu under oracle virtual machine on windows 8.1.

Under vmware and ubuntu 13.10 i have no errors.

now for succesfull build I am using

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install build-essential subversion git git-core libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev gawk flex quilt xsltproc uglifyjs gcc-multilib

git clone http://gargoyle-router.com/git/gargoyle.git
cd gargoyle

make FULL_BUILD=true
hope that will help you

liveup

Post by liveup »

ericwong wrote:Follow EVERY step, there is a reason for every step. Having said that, the ROM I build using the latest Gargoyle code I check out a around a week ago seems to have problem for RT305x.

Even if you manage to get the bin, it may not work correctly. This is what I have found and I don't know what the problem is.

You can also select ALL (default for menuconfig, tick all for kernel_menuconfig) rt305x and I think you would see bin files for some models appear and others won't due to unknown reasons.

Gargoyle building turns logging on by default (log on console screen only) but Openwrt doesn't. Use command
under custom-src to get the log in build.log so you can go through it and find the problem.
I will try your method.
yesterday,I try to make all default .some bin si builded. I Found DIR's Router also no bin, but it show some error. The tenda w306r V2.0 still no bin and no error message.
here is my lasted build, it use the openwrt version 39154 . now it can't build in gargoyle...
lasted20140110112920.jpg
lasted20140110112920.jpg (46.64 KiB) Viewed 5881 times

liveup

Post by liveup »

ericwong wrote:Follow EVERY step, there is a reason for every step. Having said that, the ROM I build using the latest Gargoyle code I check out a around a week ago seems to have problem for RT305x.

your method is right , I found the error " the bin is too big".
delete some modules make it success.
thank you!