Enabling Wifi fails!

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr.X

Enabling Wifi fails!

Post by Mr.X »

Hello,

I've installed Gargoyle 1.5.6 on a La Fonera 2100 with the FonFlash Utility. This works as long as I don't enable wifi.

When I enable wifi Fonera tries to save the changes but can't finish, 'cause I loose my (LAN)connection to the router. Even if I don't change the LAN settings. After the reboot of the router I don't have a LAN-connection and also no wifi is available (not even visible).

Can someone please help me?

thx
Wegu

tapper

Re: Enabling Wifi fails!

Post by tapper »

Hi mate try updating to 1.5.11 if you can. latest dounloads here http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... =14&t=5173
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

Mr.X

Post by Mr.X »

Hi,

but if you look on this page it says that version 1.5.11 runs very slow on fonera 2100. So I think it will not be good if I install this version.

Any other ideas?

tia

tapper

Post by tapper »

Hi i just sor that the cpu on the 2100 is slow so w.5.11 will not be a good move. look in the openwrt forums and see what people are running on the 2100. could you get a new router of ebay or something the cpu on that 2100 will make it a rite ball ake to run a new FW on there. If you are in the uk i have a wrt 54g 2.2 you can have for the postage.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

Mr.X

Post by Mr.X »

Hi,

thanks for the offer but I'm not from the UK.

I already had an earlier version installed (I think 1.5.1), but suddenly the wifi stopped to work. Since then it never came up again and stopped working.

Not even with this version of fw it works.

thx

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

Mr.X wrote:Hi,

thanks for the offer but I'm not from the UK.

I already had an earlier version installed (I think 1.5.1), but suddenly the wifi stopped to work. Since then it never came up again and stopped working.

Not even with this version of fw it works.

thx
Did you change any settings before your WIFI failed?
If you do, it is likely to be software related. If not, it is probably a hardware failure.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

Mr.X

Post by Mr.X »

Hi,

I didn't change anything at the software and the router suddenly stopped working.

I updated the firmware 'cause I thought I have corrupted the software with all the restarts I did when it stopped working.

And now I have the problem that nothing works, even with the new installed fw.

What HW problem could that be?

tia
Mr.X