Add Tempory Quota Increase

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

Cheata

Add Tempory Quota Increase

Post by Cheata »

The ability to "Top UP" a Quota.
That is to add say 2gb to an existing 4gb quota and have the quota reset to 4gb when the reset period rolls over

sajjadhalai

Re: Add Tempory Quota Increase

Post by sajjadhalai »

so it will be like slider so we can increase and decrease on the will...it might helpful.. for rough users..that will create too much load.

Cheata

Re: Add Tempory Quota Increase

Post by Cheata »

No a slider was not what i had in mind.

Im talking about a single use quota increase.

For example say one of my flatmates runs out of his allotted quota part way through the month. he then pays me some money to add a data top-up to my data plan with my isp. This top-up expires at the end of the month when my plan rolls over.

i want to then pass on the purchased benefit to my flatmate by adding a single use data expansion to his existing quota.

For maximum benefit the admin should be able to select whether this "Top Up" has a different expiry date or expires at the roll over of the existing Quota

at the moment the admin has to go in and increase the existing quota to reflect the increase purchased by the flatmate and then remember to go back in when the month rolls over and reduce it to the normal quota again.

This could be accomplished via a "Top-up" button beside each quota in the quota list however as i do not yet fully understand the internal workings of the quota allocation system i cannot speculate on how it might be implemented in code.