Version 1.5.8 - USB Storage with FTP

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

marvinandro

Re: Version 1.5.8 - USB Storage with FTP

Post by marvinandro »

raz wrote:
marvinandro wrote:The DHCP is buggy but who can squash those bugs.
Oh noez, a superbug!

We need a superhero.

Now, seriously?
Wii didn't connect this morning. It had 47mins left under current DHCP lease. It had NO entry under Connected Wireless Hosts. At the same time, under Hosts With Active Connections, it showed 1 UDP connection, its a assigned hostname and IP but 'unknown' MAC address. Rebooting the router let it connect immediately. I'm about to go back to 1.5.6 as I can't risk my VMs not getting an IP in a middle of a demo :(

marvinandro

Post by marvinandro »

One more detail I missed to post about. My phone (Galaxy Nexus) stopped connecting to the wifi so I turned off its wifi setting. About 30 mins later I saw its entry still under Connected Wireless Hosts. Shouldn't it have dropped from the list completely? Also, it shows "1" under Bitrate. All other clients show Bitrate between 52 and 108.
I turned the phone completely off on Sun evening. About 4 hours later I still saw:
Hostname Host IP Host MAC Bitrate Signal
GoogNex 192.168.1.11 (masked) 1.0 -58
Anyone?

PS. As a side note, I keep getting this
Hosts With Active Connections:
Hostname Host IP Host MAC Active TCP Cxns Recent TCP Cxns UDP Cxns
(unknown) 7.22.28.1 unknown 0 0 1

Why am I being connected to the DoD network? Yet, Current Connections never shows any 7.* entries? Now, I'm getting paranoid!

SergeS

Post by SergeS »

marvinandro wrote:
raz wrote:
marvinandro wrote:The DHCP is buggy but who can squash those bugs.
Oh noez, a superbug!

We need a superhero.

Now, seriously?
Wii didn't connect this morning. It had 47mins left under current DHCP lease. It had NO entry under Connected Wireless Hosts. At the same time, under Hosts With Active Connections, it showed 1 UDP connection, its a assigned hostname and IP but 'unknown' MAC address. Rebooting the router let it connect immediately. I'm about to go back to 1.5.6 as I can't risk my VMs not getting an IP in a middle of a demo :(
I have no problem with DHCP other than cosmetic bug noticed above. But i still can not connect to my FTP server (not on the router) from the outside world, it was working before, port forwarding rule seems ok... Could anybody confirm, it looks like serious bug?

Bajramo

Post by Bajramo »

After flashing 1.5.8 sysupgrade on my 1043 ND v 1.8 the wireless led does not lit anymore but the wireless itself is working fine.
Also the USB storage function is not working, I can not setup network share using my Kingston DT flash, but it was working fine on 1.5.6.

After flashing back to 1.5.6 everything is working fine, wireless led and USB storage.

P.S. Of course I restored the default settings when flashing, using sysupgrade -n

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

SirLancelot1982

Post by SirLancelot1982 »

I upgrade Gargoyle 1.5.7 to 1.5.8 on my TL-WR1043ND HW: 1.8 but Print Server with my Epson Stylus DX7450 stop working.

I decided to check Print Server on latest TP-LINK Original Firmware and Update this latest firmware directly from Gargoyle 1.5.8. Update makes normal but after automatically restart router seems to stuck in boot section. Power LED shine all the time and rest of LEDs blinks in second interval.

I tried to ping 192.168.1.1 after set static IP 192.168.1.2 in PC with Windows XP and recive 100% package loss. Wireshark set on scan LAN port connected to router get no data.

How can I get my router back to life?
---

Best Regards

SirLancelot1982

#---#
ROUTER: TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND
HW: 1.8
SW: Gargoyle 1.5.8
#---#

Vioner

Post by Vioner »

SirDrexl

Post by SirDrexl »

I don't know if this was brought up yet or not, but on the bandwidth monitor, the month is being displayed as October twice instead of October and November. If I view by days, it shows Nov.

Here's a composite of what I mean:

nchall

Post by nchall »

marvinandro wrote:Thanks for 1.5.8. I almost never run MSIE so I'm still on the first 1.5.8 build. As reported under 1.5.7 first, I still have an issue whereby my devices start to drop out and would not reconnect anymore until I reboot the router. I never had to do that up to 1.5.6 and I've installed almost all versions for quite some time now. It seems to be more noticeable with devices that come in and out of my network, ie phones and tablets, also WD media devices that kids turn on and off a few times a day. In about 24hrs after I reboot my WNDR3700v2, our phones would no longer get an IP; so would our tablets if we took them out of the house and back a few times that day. All of those devices have static IPs assigned. I used to have "Block MAC addresses assigned a static IP that connect from a different IP" checked and it was never an issue up to and including 1.5.6. Now the error seems to happen regardless of this toggle. I've changed lease time to as low as 2hrs and up to 12 hrs - error is still persistent. As this was a clean install of 1.5.7, then upgraded to 1.5.X, then upgraded again with preserve settings to 1.5.8, I also did a clean 1.5.8 install hoping that would clear the bug. I only setup my subnet, DNS, assigned static IPs, not much more configured - error is still persists.
Any help is appreciated (yes, going to 1.5.6 will fix the errors but that's not helping the community :)
Marv
Was there ever a response to this other than to go back to 1.5.6? Won't work for me because am on HW that isn't supported under that version.

Thanks.

marvinandro

Post by marvinandro »

Unfortunately, I got no help on this. Overall, the support from the community is so little that I'm seriously considering to flash another firmware - the question is, who support their stuff nowadays - dd-wrt isn't better, nor is the vendor.