1043ND does not accept bin file

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

maihacke

1043ND does not accept bin file

Post by maihacke »

Hello,

I'm trying to install gargoyle 1.5.3 on my tp-link 1043nd.
I downloaded 'gargoyle_1.5.7-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr1043nd-v1-squashfs-factory.bin'.
I went to "System Tools" -> "Firmware Upgrade" in the stock firmware and choose the above file.
Clicking on update brings "Please choose a file to upgrade" instantly.
I don't think the file has even uploaded to the router.
What am I missing?

maihacke

Re: 1043ND does not accept bin file

Post by maihacke »

Solved. Renamed the firmware to gargoyle.bin

einjelhart

Post by einjelhart »

why you need to renamed? maybe filename is too long..so hows the gargoyle firmware on your router..im planning to do that also on my router were the same tplink bro, also why u upgrade your firmware into gargoyle what do u need on this firmware? please advise ..thanks

maihacke

Post by maihacke »

I have several mobile devices (iphones, android tablets) connected via wifi.
I suspect the devices to cause high latency on my wan connection. I this is due to large uploads by their autobackup feature.
So I want to use gargoyles qos features to keep latency low and limit the upload bandwith for those backups.

Regarding the filename, yes it is possible that the filename is to long - maybe it's a bug in the original firmware. After renaming installing and gargoyle basic setup was very easy.

einjelhart

Post by einjelhart »

so u mean u just rename that bin file by only this filename?
gargoyle.bin

ok thanks for explanation we have the same needs, i want to limit also all user on my network for using more bandwidth because we only have 512kbps downloads.

maihacke

Post by maihacke »

Yes just rename the .bin file and flash it via the stock firmwareupdate facility