Forgot my admin password

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

dannyboy92

Forgot my admin password

Post by dannyboy92 »

Hello.

I've managed to forget my admin password for my Netgear WNDR-3700v2, with the gargoyle firmware installed.

Is there any easy way to reset my router and/or password so i can get access to the web interface again?

I am a newb at the subject by the way :roll:

ispyisail

Re: Forgot my admin password

Post by ispyisail »

google "openwrt failsafe"

dannyboy92

Post by dannyboy92 »

Here is what i tired:

Rebooting the WNDR-3700v2 until the light went from orange to flashing green, then pressing the reset button behind the device, making the green light flash rapidly.

I launched the tftpd64 client, set the host as 192.168.1.1 and located the gargoyle image.

When i press ''put'' i get an error 10054 in the tftp client.
Error in recv.

Error code is 10054 (An existing connection was terminated by the external host)
I did also try to change my ip to 192.168.1.1 and nothing seems to work. Also downloaded a program called recvudp wich was supposed to get me a command prompt to reset the current gargoyle so i could access the web interface, but i cannot type anything in the recvudp command prompt.

Any advices? Thanks. I really tried.

dannyboy92

Post by dannyboy92 »

I managed to find the issue myself.

I was supposed to hold down the reset button for 30seconds after booting the device, instead of pressing it when the orange light went to flashing green.

So i guess i tried to transfer the .img into failsafe mode instead of tftp mode.