Need help to install Gargoyle on Archer c7 with 3.15.1 Bu

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

junior466

Re: Need help to install Gargoyle on Archer c7 with 3.15.1 B

Post by junior466 »

I just registered just to express my gratitude to roman9441 and Lantis for the super easy and detailed instructions! You just saved my router!

Thank you!

Lantis

Re: Need help to install Gargoyle on Archer c7 with 3.15.1 B

Post by Lantis »

Perfect :)
I'm glad the instructions are stil accurate and helping others.
Well done roman.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

gishua

Re: Need help to install Gargoyle on Archer c7 with 3.15.1 Bu

Post by gishua »

Just wanted to say thanks to roman9441 for the step by step instructions! Works like a charm. Gargoyle is much better so far than the archer firmware. Hopefully this will fix the mac trouble.

santiana

Re: Need help to install Gargoyle on Archer c7 with 3.15.1 Bu

Post by santiana »

Thanks roman9441 and Lantis. I recently had the same problem and this solution worked for me.

I bought two Archer C7s about a month apart from the same shop in Western Australia. First was a C7(UN) ver 2.1 and the standard install worked flawlessly. Second was a C7(EU) ver 2.0 which was locked to EU firmware. Specs in the original Web UI say:
Firmware Version: 3.15.1 Build 160616 Rel.44182n
Hardware Version: Archer C7 v2 00000000

Using the instructions I successfully installed the EU image of LEDE, and then Gargoyle 1.9.2.

FYI the TP-LINK Australia web site includes separate firmware images for the different models, so presumably they are distributing a mixture of models into this market. For Archer C7(EU)V2 it says: "The EU firmware was specialized for CE certification and can't be downgraded to other version"