TP-Link TL-WDR4300 - trouble uploading firmwre by TFTP

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

azumi

TP-Link TL-WDR4300 - trouble uploading firmwre by TFTP

Post by azumi »

Hello,
during firmware upgrade from latest stable version of Gargoyle to OpenWrt with LuCi on my router TP-Link TL-WDR4300 something weird happened. Progress bar got to 100%, router rebooted but after booting up all LED diodes are blinking. If I boot it up while pressing wps/reset button it goes straight to tftp client mode, but for reasons unknown to me even when it downloads the firmware file from my pc it wont install it.
At first I was using tftpd32 server, but firmware download never reached 100%. I always got some errors like "timeout waiting for ack block" or simply router was dropping the connection and rebooting itself.
Now I am using "3Com tftp server" and downloads go smoothly but the router still wont install the images.
I tried stripped tp-link firmware, OpenWrt factory, OpenWrt sysupgrade and gargoyle factory firmware images.
I am using windows 10 with disabled firewall, but I also tried this on windows XP with disabled firewall and some other laptops with windows 10 but the result was always the same.
I have made a video showing exactly how my router behaves during and after upload -> https://youtu.be/orVuZGQmFgw
Any help would be very much appreciated.