Linksys WRT1900ACv2

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

dandersen

Linksys WRT1900ACv2

Post by dandersen »

I got my new router today, and it's great... So I did some routing throughput testing (gigabit between lan and wan sides)...

Stock firmware
916/913

Gargoyle 1.9.0
899/753

Gargoyle 1.9.0 / QOS up and down set to 900 Mb
549/477

Very happy with this router and so happy to be with Gargoyle

Lantis

Re: Linksys WRT1900ACv2

Post by Lantis »

Nice! Good testing. i knew this router would be able to smash out the numbers.
Definitely goes to show how taxing routing every single packet is though!

Consider moving to 1.9.X to get the latest wifi driver for your device.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

dandersen

Post by dandersen »

I will eventually... I want to run 2 weeks on 1.9.0 for a baseline comparison before deciding in an ispy build to use. I have no intention of using the Wi-Fi on this router, so am not in a big hurry in that regard.

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

dandersen wrote:Gargoyle 1.9.0 / QOS up and down set to 900 Mb
549/477
Can you enable bandwidth quota and use some very large quote, then see what performance you can get out of it?

In my test using Archer C7, bandwidth quota can result in higher performance drop than QoS, i.e. I only get ~40Mbps when I have bandwidth quota enabled with QoS, I get ~60Mbps with QoS without bandwidth quota. Without Quota and QoS, I can get >80Mbps. (Note: I tested it on an actual 100M internet connection.)
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

dandersen

Post by dandersen »

I'll try, but it might be a while. Once I've taken the router home, it's not as easy to for me run throughput testing.