How to change SPI (soft) 4mb on 8mb (16mb) ?

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

wadimk

How to change SPI (soft) 4mb on 8mb (16mb) ?

Post by wadimk »

I modernize WR841 in MR3420 on CPU AR9341.RAM 64mb and SPI 8mb (winbond 25q64vf) replaced.Gargoyle (gargoyle 1.9.0 - ar71xx - generic - tl - mr3420 - v2 - squashfs - factory.bin) set.Router works, but memory does not determine correctly 8mb (only 4 Mb).I want to set plugin.I receive message there is not "enough memory".How to decide this problem?PS: ID ic W25Q64VF (EF 40 17 h) , W25Q128VF (EF 40 18 h).

nworbnhoj

Re: How to change SPI (soft) 4mb on 8mb (16mb) ?

Post by nworbnhoj »

I think that you will need to build your own Gargoyle image to suit your router if you have modified it by adding memory.

See section "Building from Source"
https://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/do ... umentation
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

wadimk wrote:I modernize WR841 in MR3420 on CPU AR9341.RAM 64mb and SPI 8mb (winbond 25q64vf
If you have replaced the ROM chip, you need to make corresponding adjustment to the router configurations when you build the ROM, i.e. code changes.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

wadimk

Post by wadimk »

I am specialized in a change and repair of electronics.I can work out and collect a pre-production model.And in programming I understand very poorly.I do not present, how many compiling of file occupies to time.Chinese "breed-ar9341" recognizes a type and size SPI automatically.Such function maybe it to realize?If yes, then did not you could to me herein to help?

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

wadimk wrote:I am specialized in a change and repair of electronics.I can work out and collect a pre-production model.And in programming I understand very poorly.I do not present, how many compiling of file occupies to time.Chinese "breed-ar9341" recognizes a type and size SPI automatically.Such function maybe it to realize?If yes, then did not you could to me herein to help?
Sorry but I don't know what you are trying to say.

The change you need to do is very small. Please read relevant wiki on Openwrt, e.g. https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/techref/flash.layout
https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/devel/add.new.platform
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I think he's saying that he can use a soldering iron but doesn't know his way around a programming environment. And would like step by step instructions for how to modify the flash layout tables and then compile that into a new firmware.

Which is really the kind of thing that should be asked at openwrt.org if he cannot glean the information from the Wikis you linked.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

wadimk

Post by wadimk »

Yes.I do not know how " to collect" (to compile) SquashFS - factory.bin.Who does can that to do it? If not difficult.

nworbnhoj

Post by nworbnhoj »

Wouldn't life be boring if we all spoke JavaScript!

Perhaps one of our Polish friends can help?
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E

wadimk

Post by wadimk »

Modernized from WR841N WR842N V2 8\64mb. Gargoyle programed.All works well.Thanks to everybody. :)