Version error trying to load 1.9 on Archer C7 v2

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

tapper

Re: Version error trying to load 1.9 on Archer C7 v2

Post by tapper »

Peter wrote:Hi all -

New to Gargoyle, but excited about the possibilities... About to buy an Archer C7 v2 (have supplier holding one for me) - want to check whether you got Gargoyle working OK, esp. the WiFi which seems ambiguous in a couple of posts I've read. I will really only use the WiFi - quotas, time limits etc. so I'd like to be sure it's going to work before collecting...

Any info appreciated!

Regards,
Peter
Hi there mate, the c7 is really quite good wance you get it flashed. I need to rite it up soon to get it put in the wiki. I dont have time but read through the thread. If you get stuck then give a shout and some one will help you as best as we can. Need to get my kids from school.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

Peter

Post by Peter »

Great, thanks, spec looks good, will collect Friday!

Peter

Post by Peter »

Just to feed back to this thread, I had no problems at all getting 1.9 running on my Archer C7 v2; I posted details here http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... 085#p38085 which seemed more appropriate.

Peter

da5id

Post by da5id »

Hey there, I have a US version C7 with a serial number that indicates I would have the new flash chip. My understanding is that even though I have bypassed stock firmware check, and up and running on openwrt using the instructions here: https://zioncluster.ca/openwrt/archer-c ... ctions.txt I still am ill advised to flash Gargoyle, as it does not support the gd25q128 flash chip.

If this is incorrect, and the warning on the download page is only about the version checking, not the flash chip, and you would like me to test a Gargoyle install, let me know :)

PS, looks like good info on patching for the new chip at: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.em ... evel/39875

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

The warning on the download page is correct!

However, the latest 1.9.X works perfectly. Find it in the Show and Tell sub forum.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Trailblazer

Post by Trailblazer »

Lantis wrote:The warning on the download page is correct!

However, the latest 1.9.X works perfectly. Find it in the Show and Tell sub forum.
Lantis, finally getting around to flashing this and I am getting that version error with 1.9.x ispy build. Do I need to rename it or something? I'm using the factory file. I am flashing from the TP-Link stock firmware interface.

Thanks...
Netgear WNDR3700V2 Gargoyle 1.10.0
TP-LINK Archer C7 v4 Gargoyle 1.12

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

youll need to use the procedure on the first page of this thread. There's a version of DDwrt that has the correct US header. From there you can then downgrade, then upgrade to gargoyle.

Do a bit of searching if you can find the later versions of the suggested files.

If you get really stuck let me know.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Trailblazer

Post by Trailblazer »

Lantis wrote:If you get really stuck let me know.
I followed the procedure and got it on there. I am connected to the Internet through wired. When I go into the basic settings area, the settings displayed by default look like the settings for a usb modem. When I click around through the pull-down box, it changes to the appropriate settings for that WAN Connection, but it screws up the LAN and WIreless settings on that same page. For instance, I can't see the 5Ghz radio settings any longer. So, in short, the interface is super-wonky. (Technical Term).

Tried 3 different browsers, reset through recovery mode and removed files in JFFS partition. Not sure where to go from here. I guess I'll see if ispy has a newer build. This is May 12th factory build.

Thanks!

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Check out the latest posts in the latest version thread. There's actually a wifi driver problem for this router at the moment. I'm working on it.

One user suggested a version that you can downgrade to which will get it working great again for the moment.
The only thing is if you downgrade and want to use Quotas, limit speed using QOS not the built in function in quotas or it'll crash.

Hopefully I can get this fixed soon.

(I believe this is the version viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8637)

Trailblazer

Post by Trailblazer »

Great! April 22nd iSpy build for Archer C7 V2 new flash chip works great for my needs for now. Thanks so much for your help. It's so nice to be back on my favorite firmware. It's been a while...

I would offer to help, but I'm not a coder. Thanks for your plugins, BTW. Good stuff!