Error installing email plugin

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

Fredkup

Re: Error installing email plugin

Post by Fredkup »

That's probably it as it only had 4MB ROM. Found a used TL-WR1043 ND with 8MB flash and email installed successfully. However, the email setup only worked once doing the "TEST" and now I can not receive any sheduled emails nor can I receive "TEST" email (and not in spam).
One and only working email was:
"This is test email sent from Gargoyle router."

gmail settings: smtp.gmail.com port: 587, TLS, SMTP authentication, Sender: my gmail, Recipient: my gmail

Have followed the "Email notifications plugin revisited" post but I'm not comfortable editing files. Anyone have success sending to gmail or any suggestions where I can look for more info?
Fredkup

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Alrighty well that's a good sign at least!
Are you using 1.8.0?
In 1.9.X there was a significant bug fix for the email plugin.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Fredkup

Post by Fredkup »

Yes, I am using gargoyle_1.8.0-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr1043nd-v1-squashfs-factory.bin.
This is the error when trying to send "test"
Thu Oct 8 21:43:32 2015 user.err msmtp: host=smtp.gmail.com tls=on auth=on user=fredkup@gmail.com from=fredkup@gmail.com fredkup@gmail.com recipients=fredkup@gmail.com smtpstatus=534 smtpmsg='534-5.7.14 <https://accounts.google.com/ContinueSig ... 534-5.7.14 bHdy-GA33lnzDx3AcG-KG2b4yZVIYpa7H8985bLgu2D-Evv7U3S8fpaV8_szylv_mrTNo1\n534-5.7.14 w9DQsbJfvW_c03qCXFd9NWU15z2e1RYoh7dd8uuchSwTxn3PPtg80wosZ9Hk52pDFsw1cQ\n534-5.7.14 CrRA4AmH8yabIWrETR9Xh0EVDJoO2DXBD3yQ9Sik-TK9yKXPsAK4xK2EYX

Switched gears
Switched to non-authenticated email which my ISP allows from its on IP addresses. Test emails always successful
Fri Oct 9 07:50:45 2015 user.info msmtp: host=smtp.teksavvy.com tls=off auth=off from=fredkup@teksavvy.com recipients=fredkup@teksavvy.com mailsize=188 smtpstatus=250 smtpmsg='250 ok: Message 168959339 accepted' exitcode=EX_OK

Email content set to 'log' and 'bandwidth', Display int: quarter hours, timer period 'daily', Increment '15 min', Selected timer mode: daily schedule (every day is the same) every 2 hours. Unfortunately no emails were sent and no events or errors logged in Logread for those time periods.

Some progress but no result. I'm willing to troubleshoot if someone has the time to to provide some guidance. Should this be a new topic under 'other issues' ?
Thanks, Fredkup

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

There is already a topic under the Show and Tell forum where user "dpint" is the guy you want to talk to. he wrote the plugin. i can't really help any further i'm sorry!
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Fredkup

Post by Fredkup »

Thanks Lantis, I greatly appreciate the help you provided and I will check out the other post. I intend to get this working at some point even if at after 7 years of retirement I have to get out my Linux reference material.
Have a great day, Manfred
P.S. WinSCP is great.