Can't log on router from winxp

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

Fredkup

Can't log on router from winxp

Post by Fredkup »

I've search for many hours but can't find my problem. Today I loaded Gargoyle on a TL-WR841N. All works well except from Winxp netbook. I can see the XP on the network but can't access the internet from it and when I go to 192.168.1.1 on the xp I get text instead of logon screen in both chrome and IE. No problem from Win7. Checked firewall, tcp setting, cleared DNS and any other suggestion i found on Web. Any suggestions as to what is wrong on my XP?

ericwong

Re: Can't log on router from winxp

Post by ericwong »

Obviously, whatever problem you have is not related to the Gargoyle router and must be due to your XP installation itself.

You are not likely to be able to find any answer anywhere online because there is a million potential cause for what you are looking at. You need a a technically competent person to look at it to find the cause.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.