TL-WR1043ND V3

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

xaint

Re: TL-WR1043ND V3

Post by xaint »

Have you tried latest versión?

Code: Select all

https://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9415

Stadler

Post by Stadler »

Hello All,
I just received the TL-WR1043ND V3 Firmware Version:
3.16.9 Build 160122 Rel.38384n. No matter the suggestions, I have not been able to get passed the 18005 error. Crazy. Any more news or suggestions?
I've tried everything from renaming prior to upload, install dd-wrt, openwrt, then to revert, but I can not even get passed the 18005 error.
Thanks for your help all,

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Try a TFTP install

Ps. I removed your duplicate post.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

colosooner

Post by colosooner »

I give up... Can someone tell me a different piece of hardware that i can buy and install Gargoyle on that doesn't require witchcraft, human sacrifices, selling my soul to Satan, sacrificing an animal, and TOOOOOO many hours of my life?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

The facts of the matter are that all new devices from TP Link have this limitation. In fact I believe it is built into the firmware, so even an old device which has been updated would do the same.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

tapper

Post by tapper »

colosooner wrote:I give up... Can someone tell me a different piece of hardware that i can buy and install Gargoyle on that doesn't require witchcraft, human sacrifices, selling my soul to Satan, sacrificing an animal, and TOOOOOO many hours of my life?
Hi try and flash this file:
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/11-14-2 ... wrt-US.bin

Then after that flash to gargoyle 1.9.x
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

colosooner

Post by colosooner »

Lantis wrote:The facts of the matter are that all new devices from TP Link have this limitation. In fact I believe it is built into the firmware, so even an old device which has been updated would do the same.
I am fine with a different brand. Just want to find something fast and easy to upgrade.

colosooner

Post by colosooner »

tapper wrote:
colosooner wrote:I give up... Can someone tell me a different piece of hardware that i can buy and install Gargoyle on that doesn't require witchcraft, human sacrifices, selling my soul to Satan, sacrificing an animal, and TOOOOOO many hours of my life?

I ma sure its buried in here somewhere but can you point me towards Flash instructions.... simple to understand ones :-)

tapper

Post by tapper »

colosooner wrote:
tapper wrote:

I ma sure its buried in here somewhere but can you point me towards Flash instructions.... simple to understand ones :-)
Hi mate download the first file from the link i posted. The ddwrt one. Then download the gargoyle file for your router. Then connect your PC to your router useing a cable. Go to the fermwair update link in your web interface. First flash the ddwrt file and let your router reboot. Have a look around in ddwrt to se if you like it. If you still want to flash to gargoyle then go to administration then firmware update, there you can flash the gargoyle file to switch over to running gargoyle. I dont have this router but i read over at the ddwrt forum that this is the way to do it. good luck :)
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

Stadler

Post by Stadler »

tapper wrote:

I can confirm, this DOES NOT WORK. Same error 18005 or whatever it is. Will not allow the web flash.
Thanks anyhow