Successfully flashed a router? Tell Us!

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

hexpen

Re: Successfully flashed a router? Tell Us!

Post by hexpen »

Successfuly Flashed WZR-300HP (newer version of wzr-hp-g300nh2) using the following image:

gargoyle_1.5.10-ar71xx-generic-wzr-hp-g300nh2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

Version 1.5.10 for wzr-hp-g300nh2

Flashed from DD-WRT (non-buffalo) using the command:

Code: Select all

mtd -e linux -r write gargoyle_1.5.10-ar71xx-generic-wzr-hp-g300nh2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin linux 
On reboot the router shows a red led as noted on the openwrt forums, however the device was not bricked and I was able to login with the default info.

AndyP

Post by AndyP »

Hi all,

Just successfully flashed my Netgear WNDR3800 with 1.5.10, worked a treat staright away.

I had to' remap' the router IP as I have a D-Link modem attached for internet connection, but once that was done and a computer restart, all worked perfectly.

Thanks guys for an excellent package.

alienheartbeat

Post by alienheartbeat »

Flashed Gargoyle 1.5.10 to a Netgear WNDR-3800 with no problems. All very smooth.
http://alien-heartbeat.com

slack

Post by slack »

I recently flashed Gargoyle 1.5.10 on the following routers:

TP-Link TL-WR1043ND
and
TP-Link TL-WR703N

I don't remember having any specific problems doing the upgrades.

There is a lack of documentation on upgrading the 703, but firmware specifically for this device is on the download page and it worked great. Though I did my upgrade from OpenWRT as I was already trying that.

There are plenty of instructions on how to maneuver through the Chinese interface to get to the upgrade page, just google it. I imagine you can upgrade straight to Gargoyle and skip the OpenWRT step.

I did have some trouble trying to load additional packages from the command line on the 703, but the basic firmware appears to work great.

The Client/AP mode works great, it lets me attach my wifi AP to another wifi AP as a client. That is exactly what I was needing. Though if you change APs be sure to reset the 703 config to just a standard AP as Gargoyle won't come up if it can't access the AP it is configured as a client. If in doubt you can use the reset method and configure by IP address.

salvanost

Post by salvanost »

Successfuly Flashed wzr-hp-g300nh2 revision A1A0
using
gargoyle_1.5.10-ar71xx-generic-wzr-hp-g300nh2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

default firmware -> DDWRT multi ->gargoyle using installation documentation

throughwalls

Post by throughwalls »

Sucessfully flashed a D-link D-615 version E4 with Version 1.5.10

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... f=8&t=4616 is description of how I did it.

Dik0j

Post by Dik0j »

Flashed 1043 with last version

sonicj

Post by sonicj »

Hi!
I successfully flashed my Buffalo WZR-600DHP (version CO B3) using gargoyle_1.5.10-ar71xx-generic-wzr-hp-ag300h-squashfs-tftp.bin via tftp.

Status page shows the router as a WZR-HP-AG300H but all seems to function correctly.

Thanx!
-sj

shovon

Post by shovon »

I flashed my D-Link DIR-615 E4 to Gargoyle v1.5.10 without any problem. LEDs, WiFi, NAT, perfectly working. Very stable.

I've used Firefox 23.0.1 browser while flashing my router.

LANG

Post by LANG »

Successfully flashed my TP-Link WR941ND v3.5 with Gargoyle 1.5.10. Works great! Uptime is more than a week already (latest stock firmware hangs it in about 30-40 minutes under torrents).

Thank you very much for your work!