Successfully flashed a router? Tell Us!

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

ispyisail

Re: Successfully flashed a router? Tell Us!

Post by ispyisail »

piccolo456

Post by piccolo456 »

Successfully flashed my Router: Western Digital My Net N750 with gargoyle_1.9.1-ar71xx-generic-mynet-n750-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

I followed this tread : http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... 750#p35780

Everything works.

fifonik

Post by fifonik »

Successfully flashed 1.8.1 onto my old Linksys WRT610N v1 for testing.
Playing with settings. Very happy as I finally found firmware where I have quite powerful QoS and I can monitor per user data usage "out of the box". Quota is a huge bonus. Many thanks.

Going to buy a new router soon (+ modem as I'm on ADSL). ATM thinking about TP-Link Archer C7 as other routers with similar HW are much more expensive. However, will be happy to see any recommendations.

P.S. Not really like existing themes, creating my own. Not sure how to create a package as I'm not a *nix guy.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Try loading the new GUI out of the code repo first and see what you think.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

chandran

Post by chandran »

Dear all

I am a user of gargoil for several months now in my TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
fist i used 1.6 and was very good version, my router was stable. 1.7 i did not try, But used 1.8.0 and you can see i had posted issue of disconnections later i swiched back to 1.6 again i swiched to 1.8.1 and was using. it was occationaly restarting router. I had i thought it was Hardware issue. And in fact decided to buy a new one. Any way i simply installed the 1.9.1 now. only issue was it was not allowing to add mac address etc to configer the router. found warning in site the previous configuration will not work!!! any way as i had no option i try to restore the configeration file saved from 1.8.1, WOW it worked, as well as my router is stable now, i am using it for 15 days now no disconnection or restart of router. SO IN MY EXPERIENCE THE 1.8.1 WAS NOT A STABLE VERTION WHERE AS 1.9.1 IS MUCH BETTER MY SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL TEAM WHO ARE DEVELOPING THIS

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

SO IN MY EXPERIENCE THE 1.8.1 WAS NOT A STABLE VERTION WHERE AS 1.9.1 IS MUCH BETTER MY SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL TEAM WHO ARE DEVELOPING THIS
1.9.x is even better, but don't try to upgrade. Manually re-program.

SharingIsCaring

Post by SharingIsCaring »

I successfully flashed gargoyle_1.9.1-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-factory.bin onto my TP-LINK AC1750 Archer C7 V2 serial number 2156... through the original manufacturer's GUI.

It was a piece of cake and everything seems to be working fine.

Thank you for the firmware!

UPDATE: I spoke too soon: the lack of hardware NAT support cut my download speed almost in half so I went back to the stock firmware. :cry:
Last edited by SharingIsCaring on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

exp0sure

Post by exp0sure »

Hi SharingIsCaring,
I have a brand new Archer C7 AC1750 v2.0 here, serial# 21B5..., purchased yesterday. On the Gargoyle download page is still a warning:

WARNING 1: Current firmware (1.9.0 and earlier) has been reported to brick recent models of Archer C7 v2 (Early 2016 and later)

Does warning this apply to the 1.9.1 version, too? I don't know when my router had been manufactured and I certainly don't want to brick it. I read others had stability issues with 1.8.1 stable (disconnections).

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Use the latest 1.9.x and then you know the change is applied.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

SharingIsCaring

Post by SharingIsCaring »

I don't know the answer to your question, exp0sure, but I'm giving up on mine already. The lack of hardware NAT support cut my download speed almost in half so I went back to the stock firmware. :cry: