Successfully flashed a router? Tell Us!

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

eramseth

Re: Successfully flashed a router? Tell Us!

Post by eramseth »

Hi all-

Successfully flashed the BUFFALO AirStation HighPower N600 Gigabit Dual Band Wireless Router with model number WZR-HP-AG300H

I successfully flashed this router with version 1.5.8 by loading the wzr-hp-ag300h-squashfs-factory.bin firmware file directly into the firmware upgrade page of the factory-installed dd-wrt firmware that comes with the router.

It's been up and running for about an hour now with no noticeable problems. I haven't done extensive testing, but so far so good. 2.4 and 5ghz bands are working great on the wireless and all ethernet ports are working (WAN and LAN). LEDs seem functional as well.

As an aside, the web-interface on this model seems very VERY quick to load (coming from a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH, which incidentally was rock solid but lacked the 5ghz band).

avggeek

Post by avggeek »

Posted in the troubleshooting forum first, but figured I'd update here as well to make up :)

Successfully upgraded my Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 from DD-WRT (Buffalo build) to Gargoyle 1.5.8. I logged in via telnet and then applied the squashes-says upgrade.bin file as per the OpenWRT wiki.

So far no issues with wifi, although the diagnostic LED is always on and the secured wifi LED doesn't light up after enabling security.

DoubleDroz

Post by DoubleDroz »

Successfully flashed a TP-Link TL-WDR4300 v1.1 from its stock firmware to Gargoyle 1.5.8 using the gargoyle_1.5.8-ar71xx-generic-tl-wdr4300-v1-squashfs-factory.bin file and the *stock firmware update page*.

I renamed the file to gargoyle.bin as per this suggestion on a forum, and *hey presto* the WDR4300 was then a Gargoyle router.

Easy.

Negen

Post by Negen »

Router Buffalo WHR-HP-G300n
Flashed OS Windows 7

1: Set a static ip on the pc of 192.168.11.2 / 255.255.255.0 Gateway: 192.168.11.1 also set ip of router as 192.168.11.1 although I have read that the buffalo boot loader has already that ip I couldn't get it to flash until I had changed the ip of the router.

2: Type route print in command prompt to find the number next to your network adapter my case it was 24 this will be different for you.

3: netsh interface ipv4 add neighbors 24 192.168.11.1 (Your routers mac address)

4: Type in command prompt but do not hit enter tftp -i 192.168.11.1 PUT (location of firmware you want to flash)

5: Unplug the WAN link and the power adapter

6: Set pc network adapter to get ip automatically

7: Plug in routers power adapter and hit enter in the command prompt after top two lights turn off press enter.

This is what works for me with my Buffalo WHR-hp-g300n router. I used the tftp version. I was coming from ddwrt and webflash was not working for me. This is bits of info I had found throughout other forums and what not. Hope this helps.

danielm

Post by danielm »

I've successfully flashed my TP-TL1043ND v1.9 router with 1.4.7. It took two attempts to get it working with my Netgear DG834 acting as a dumb modem, the trick was to re-flash with the stock firmware, then the german firmware and then with 1.4.7. I then restored the settings I first configured from the backup that I'd made (with 1.4.7). It is all working well, and far snappier.

This was bought to replace my dying gargoyle'd wrt54g which couldn't sustain above channel 3. More recently it would fail to route via wifi every 4-8 days. Using a wifi analyser on my android phone I could see a saw tooth trace on wifi-analyser, with the signal dropping to zero and then confusing all the clients attaching as it came back up only to die again.

P-O

Post by P-O »

Hi!

I have flashed Ubiquiti AirRouter with success.
I have run it for a week and it seems to be only minor issues which I think not is hardware related, see my other posts.
This router has an AR7240 CPU running on 400MHz with 8MB flash and 32MB ram. 1 USB port and 4+1 10/100 ports

I installed
attitude_adjustment/12.09-rc1
openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-airrouter-squashfs-factory.bin
from within the factory AirOS.

This was before I found this nice Gargoyle.

From the LuCi interfaface I "upgraded it" with
gargoyle_1.5.8-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-airrouter-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin with no problem at all. I say "upgraded it" as the Gargoyle 1.5.8. seems to be based on the beta2 version of the attitude_adjustmentI used the 12.09-rc1.

I quesss it should work to install
gargoyle_1.5.8-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-airrouter-squashfs-factory.bin
directly from within AirOS.

leepoffaith

Post by leepoffaith »

Router: Netgear WNDR3700v2
Gargoyle Revision: 1.5.8

Flashed Gargoyle successfully onto my WNDR3700v2 with stock Netgear firmware. Had no issues at all during installation.

Having a small issue with NFS Access Permissions (setting it to Read/Write, but software always putting back to Read) and it doesn't look like the USB light works, but both of these are fairly minor. So far I like it a lot!

davidcmc

Post by davidcmc »

I installed it on this router TP-Link WR841ND v7.2 using version 1.5.8 of the firmware.

isher

Post by isher »

Router: TP-Link WR1043ND V1.10

Hi,

Thought I would let everyone know that I have successfully installed Gargoyle 1.5.8 on my D-Link 1043D V1.10. It appears to be running fine, changed subnet address and connected to my FIOS modem via WAN with internet access no problem. This is what I did with a new router straight out of the box:

1) Downgraded to the German OEM Firmware (to address the Wan disable / boot loader issue with newer firmware that is documented elsewhere). Don't bother with the label on the rear that says install the PC software first, you don't need it.
2) Upgraded to Gargoyle 1.4.7 using System image. Note: Router German OEM firmware would not accept Gargoyle 1.5.8 System firmware straight up for some reason.
3) Upgraded from Gargoyle 1.4.8 to 1.5.8 using the upgrade firmware.

All working well.

regards,

Isher

Python46

Post by Python46 »

Router - TP-LINK TL-WDR3600

Gargoyle Version:1.5.X (Built 20121214-2224 git@caa3703)

I flashed from OEM to 1.5.8 and then updated to the 20121130 update, and then to this version. Both 2.4 and 5 bands work as expected. This is the coolest running router I have ever used. :D

I now have 1.5.9 on my TL-WDR3600 as of 1/14/2013 ;)
Last edited by Python46 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.