Successfully flashed a router? Tell Us!

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

governa

Re: Successfully flashed a router? Tell Us!

Post by governa »

Successfully flashed a DIR-505E A2 from stock 1.06 to Gargoyle 1.7.0.

More details here: http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... 110#p27452

• 2x DIR-825 B1/B2 DD-WRT r30631 • 1x DIR-825 C1 OpenWRT 15.05.1
• 4x DIR-615 D2/D4 DD-WRT r30385 • 2x DIR-505E A2 Gargoyle 1.9.1
• Cisco EPC3928S stock • Hitron BVW3653 stock • CellPipe 7130 stock
• 3COM 3CR29220 stock • Sagemcom 5310 'FunBox' stock

PantherWreck

Post by PantherWreck »

Hi All,

I am a new user and wanted to report on the successful install of Gargoyle ver 1.6 on a TL-WR1043ND. I bought a used unit on Amazon which was marked as a hardware version1.7 if I recall correctly.

I immediately flashed it straight to Gargoyle and it worked the first time. :D

My main reason for installation is to manage data cap / bandwidth usage and keep Comcast from killing me on data overage fees. The kids love the netflix. :roll:

Thanks for the development work!

shuttrmn

Post by shuttrmn »

very easy install with stock firmware. 1.6.2,then did upgrade, up and running.wndr3800. Reverted factory firmware backward to v1.0.0.16 first. All that reading and worry, all the questions. (no-one answered :D ) Thanks for a great product. Very satisfied so far.

governa

Post by governa »

Successfully upgraded a DIR-505E A2 from Gargoyle 1.7.0 to Gargoyle 1.7.1.

More details here: http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... =20#p27707

• 2x DIR-825 B1/B2 DD-WRT r30631 • 1x DIR-825 C1 OpenWRT 15.05.1
• 4x DIR-615 D2/D4 DD-WRT r30385 • 2x DIR-505E A2 Gargoyle 1.9.1
• Cisco EPC3928S stock • Hitron BVW3653 stock • CellPipe 7130 stock
• 3COM 3CR29220 stock • Sagemcom 5310 'FunBox' stock

gcb730

Re: Successfully flashed WD Mynet 750

Post by gcb730 »

Successfully upgraded 1 WD Mynet N750 from the 1.6x PL version to 1.7.1 upgrade. I was able to select preserve settings and maintain the majority of my configuration.

I then flashed a 2nd WD Mynet N705 from stock firmware to 1.7.1, but it initially failed to complete. I was able to see the stock WD router SSID but could not connect. I then had to use the WD emergency recovery procedures and was able to load the 1.7.1 firmware a 2nd time and the flash completed successfully with the noted exceptions.
Note 1: I was unable to successfully load and recover using the stock firmware. It seemed as if the image was too large and would not complete the upload. The 1.7.1 image uploaded quickly and successfully complete the recovery flash.
Note 2: The flash resulted in only the power led being enabled. All other front led indicators (Wireless, Internet, etc.) are disabled, but all functions worked. Status leds for lan/wan ports active.

I then
1) configured the routers as
- AP+WDS
- WDS client bridge
- client connected via 5G SSID of AP+WDS router
- 2.4 G SSIDs/WPA2 passwords of both routers matching
2) connected the wan port AP+WDS router to lan port of an existing combo wireless router/cable modem
- AP+WDS router in DHCP wired configuration
- separate subnet from existing router to avoid conflicts
3) AP+WDS router
- successfully obtain DHCP lease for host router
- all connected clients for WD routers used DNS of cable provider
4) mounted external USB drive on the client bridge
- anonymous read/write access
- accessible from clients connected to either WD router
5) reduction in bandwidth, but still fully supports the providers max bw

I purchased the 2 routers from Woot for US $19.99 ea in Feb 2015.
Routers are available on Woot again today for $19.99 (limit 2/customer) I just ordered 2 more to play with since I used the first 2 to improve my sister's wireless network in a 3000+ sq ft two story historic home with plaster and wire lath walls.

XmaD

Post by XmaD »

Hi guys, thank you everyone for your awsome work doind these amazing stuff. I've succesfully flashed my Tl-wr1043ND v1 with the stable 1.6.2 and now is running like a charm :mrgreen:

Lessram

Post by Lessram »

and thanx from here also.
Installed 1.7.1 and added the 40Mhz and Channel 12+13 hacks, on my TP-Link TL-WR1043N/ND v2.

Works smoothly like before (to be honest, don't know why I wanted to update ;))
I don't use the guest network, because it's (yet) impossible to set quota's and alike. Which makes it to easy for my children to use the internet during the night. (Now their MACs are blocked at night).

Assuming it's impossible to disable the guest network during specific hours? Or does it also use the rules set for the standard Wifi network?

lepgargoyle

Re: Successfully flashed WD My Net N750

Post by lepgargoyle »

I've successfully flashed a WD My Net N750 with v1.7.1; I've been waiting a long time since only the barrier breaker release fixes the 5Ghz performance issue. Now files consistently transfer at 30MB/s (240mbps), the last 24hrs performance has been solid!

Also by default the leds for network activity do not work; fortunately it's an easy fix. I've separated the 5GHz network activity to the WPS led 'wd:blue:wps'.

Append the following to /etc/config/system and reboot:

config led
option default '0'
option name 'InternetLED'
option sysfs 'wd:blue:internet'
option trigger 'netdev'
option dev 'eth0.2'
option mode 'link'

config led
option default '0'
option name 'Wireless0'
option sysfs 'wd:blue:wireless'
option trigger 'phy0tpt'

config led
option default '0'
option name 'Wireless1'
option trigger 'phy1tpt'
option sysfs 'wd:blue:wps'

:lol:

tapper

Post by tapper »

lepgargoyle wrote:I've successfully flashed a WD My Net N750 with v1.7.1; I've been waiting a long time since only the barrier breaker release fixes the 5Ghz performance issue. Now files consistently transfer at 30MB/s (240mbps), the last 24hrs performance has been solid!

Also by default the leds for network activity do not work; fortunately it's an easy fix. I've separated the 5GHz network activity to the WPS led 'wd:blue:wps'.

Append the following to /etc/config/system and reboot:

config led
option default '0'
option name 'InternetLED'
option sysfs 'wd:blue:internet'
option trigger 'netdev'
option dev 'eth0.2'
option mode 'link'

config led
option default '0'
option name 'Wireless0'
option sysfs 'wd:blue:wireless'
option trigger 'phy0tpt'

config led
option default '0'
option name 'Wireless1'
option trigger 'phy1tpt'
option sysfs 'wd:blue:wps'

:lol:

Hi thanks for your input. I am going to give mine a try again as the first time i flashed 1.71 the wan kept going up and down.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

lepgargoyle

Post by lepgargoyle »

tapper wrote:
Hi thanks for your input. I am going to give mine a try again as the first time i flashed 1.71 the wan kept going up and down.
Interesting, I have not enabled the WAN yet. Also it appears v1.7.1 may not be as stable as I thought. After about 48hrs, I started to migrate services from my dependable D-Link DIR-615 C1 running V1.6.2:

Disable WAN, Enable Wifi Dualband, Enable DHCP w/ static list, Enable 15 port forwards, Enable QOS (upload). Everything was good until I enable QOS upload, soon after the My Net N750 went into a reboot loop. I've successfully reinstalled v1.7.1 via recovery method. But this time around I enable QOS upload without issue; so I am assume the reboot loop was due to a random config corruption. FYI!

:roll: