Successfully flashed a router? Tell Us!

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

chente

Re: Successfully flashed a router? Tell Us!

Post by chente »

Hi
this is my first post. Thanks for this great software.
Give a new life to my nanostation2, flashed with 1.4.7.
after a quick learning curve on "resetting +tftp "

Have now flashed also a TP-LINK WR741ND v4.22 via web. bin file must been on root to get upload to the router.

Also a new nanostationm2 directly flashed via web. small problem reported on adequate section.

ferrazrafael

Post by ferrazrafael »

I could install Gargoyle 1.4.7 on a TP-LINK WR741ND V2

demoralized

Post by demoralized »

Hi all.

Im new to this forum. I wish to thank you for this great software. Im using a
WR1043ND router hardware revision 1.10 and i had probems with the factory firmware and DD-WRT rev.21286.
Router was unstable on both softwares exept yours.

I successfuly instaled Gargoyle 1.5.9 two days ago. Had a little problem yesterday, router kicked me off and my TL-WN722N coudn't connect on it so i had to do a hard reset.

Best regards
D3m :)

hlong2606

Post by hlong2606 »

Successful on WHR-HP-G300N (jp model) with ver 1.5.9 !!!!
Testing in progress ( hope it 's more stable than DDWRT).
Thx all !!! :)

erez669

Post by erez669 »

working well till now with version 1.5.4, router: tp-link TL-WR1043ND V1.9, i flashed it 3 hours ago, no special issues till now, but i will keep updating you if will.

:D

brun0ls

Post by brun0ls »

Hello! This if for D-Link Dir-615 E5 Gargoyle
dir 615 e5 gargoyle, dir 615 firmware, dir-615 e5 custom, dir-615 e5 flashing (trying to help google)

I just created an account to praise this WONDERFUL firmware and its creators, you guys did a very very great job! :D

Also I came to say that the D-Link DIR-615 E5 Supports it PERFECTLY, and you don't have to do nothing as some forums say, like flashing some other Firmwares to prepare it to receive a E4 Firmware.

You can just open your sealed box, put the D-Link DIR-615 E5 in Emergency Mode and Flash the firmware for the D-Link DIR-615 E4!

But there is a trick to get into the Emergency Mode! For me, it ONLY WORKED when the Ethernet cable was in the WAN port!
I had to put my Computer in Safe Mode with Network, (to avoid different thing trying to acess the Internet) and used FireFox 3.6 Portable, you can find it easily on Google! If you are having problems, do exactly as I say.

It works perfectly, and it is the BEST firmware you can have on the DIR-615! I love Gargoyle sooo much! It is so easy to use!

Thanks for all the developers of this amazing front-end/firmware!! :)

ankithonda

Post by ankithonda »

Hey ... I successfully installed Gargoyle 1.4.7 on OM1P. working great just issue of hardware watchdog chip because of that router reboots at every five minutes. tried to update with 1.5.10 but no luck ... 1.2.5 also working great on it.

Gargoyle is awesome :D

Fotometro

Post by Fotometro »

Hey!

Switched from DD-WRT to Gargoyle and for now, everthing is fine.

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Hi,
I've successfully installed gargoyle 1.5.10 on my tplink wr741nd V4.24 with gargoyle_1.5.10-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr741nd-v4-squashfs-factory.bin

the only problem i encountered so far is that, somehow i cannot limit bandwidth from youtube video using Service Classes Percent, i've tried using layer 7 HTTP, HTTP Video, HTTP Audio and, youtube ip cidr but still no luck, it keeps sucking up almost the whole bandwidth. But it went fine with dailymotion and vimeo without any problem.

status screenshot:

detailed hardware picture (might come in handy to someone ;) ):

aDA

Post by aDA »

I successfully installed gargoyle on TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1.1 router using 1.5.10 version of the firmware gargoyle_1.5.10-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr1043nd-v1-squashfs-factory.bin.
Works stable 9 days.
Thanks!