Netgear WNDR3300: only wireless-g works, not -g and -n

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

Poincare

Netgear WNDR3300: only wireless-g works, not -g and -n

Post by Poincare »

Hi friends,

I have successfully flashed my WNDR3300 with the broadcom 2.4 squashfs image and it boots up, no problem. The problem is that the router has 2 radios, one for wireless-g and one for wireless-n. Under DD-WRT, both radios were working and clients were able to connect. You can configur them with different channels, speeds, passwords, etc.

However, after flashing with Gargoyle 1.2.3 the wireless-n radio does not work, the internet activity LED is off, and the WES button on top glows blue (under DD-WRT this is off).

Just wondering if anyone knows how to configure the wireless-n radio on the WNDR3300 so that both wireless-g and wireless-n will operate? I have ssh'ed into the router but I'm not able to follow any commands on the faq, wiki, or elsewhere about how to turn on the wireless-n radio, keep it on, and configure it properly.

When I visit 192.168.1.1, the web interface works fine but again, only shows the wireless-g radio and not the wireless-n.

Anyone know how to help? Please respond if you know how. Thanks.

Poincare

Re: Netgear WNDR3300: only wireless-g works, not -g and -n

Post by Poincare »

Anyone? Any clue about installing Gargoyle on routers with dual radios? 1 radio for 2.4 (wireless-g) and another radio for 5 ghz (wireless-n) in the same router? Any way to get this going to support -g and -n wireless? :(

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Netgear WNDR3300: only wireless-g works, not -g and -n

Post by Eric »

Gargoyle does not currently support Wireless N, only G.