DIR-601 Settings don't save

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

anitgandhi

DIR-601 Settings don't save

Post by anitgandhi »

I've been using Gargoyle on my DIR-601 for a while now. I used to use it as a repeater but now I am using it as a regular router/gateway.

Back when I was on version 1.5.10 I had no issues. Since then I've tried all the versions past that, and they have serious issues, namely: savings aren't properly saved on reboot. It's like all the router settings only exist during that "session" and are wiped out as soon as I restart. I have to set up the router all over again each time.

I'm not sure if this is a known issue. If it is, sorry for re-posting it. If not, has anyone else faced this?

As a side question, I'm also trying to figure out why my internal WLAN bandwidth is like half of what it should be. I don't get more than 65 mbps as the internal WLAN speed. I'm also getting half the internet download/upload speeds as compared to ethernet.

fifawei

Re: DIR-601 Settings don't save

Post by fifawei »

nternal WLAN speed. I'm also getting half the internet download/upload speeds as compared to ethernet.
fifa 15 coins
fifa 15 ultimate team coins

n0pin

Re: DIR-601 Settings don't save

Post by n0pin »

anitgandhi wrote:I've been using Gargoyle on my DIR-601 for a while now. I used to use it as a repeater but now I am using it as a regular router/gateway.

Back when I was on version 1.5.10 I had no issues. Since then I've tried all the versions past that, and they have serious issues, namely: savings aren't properly saved on reboot. It's like all the router settings only exist during that "session" and are wiped out as soon as I restart. I have to set up the router all over again each time.

I'm not sure if this is a known issue. If it is, sorry for re-posting it. If not, has anyone else faced this?
Try to execute this command and see if it helps:

Code: Select all

mtd unlock rootfs_data
As a side question, I'm also trying to figure out why my internal WLAN bandwidth is like half of what it should be. I don't get more than 65 mbps as the internal WLAN speed. I'm also getting half the internet download/upload speeds as compared to ethernet.
How far are you from router? What speeds did you get on factory firmware? Your router only supports N150, so the speeds doesn't seem so bad.