D-link D-615 version E4

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

throughwalls

D-link D-615 version E4

Post by throughwalls »

I would like to flash this with Gargoyle. I have tried downloading and flashing 1.5.10 dir-615-e4 factory but get an error when I use the normal D-link console to upgrade.
The uploaded firmware file may not be correct. You may have uploaded a file that is not intended for this Gateway, or the uploaded file may be corrupted.

If the uploaded file is correct, it is possible that the gateway may be too busy to properly receive it right now. In this case, please try the upload again. It is also possible that you are logged in as a 'user' instead of an 'admin' - only administrators can upload new firmware.

The Gateway will not be reprogrammed.
(The file is not corrupt: I have checked the md5 hash against a version downloaded to a different location)

The router has a firmware version
Current Firmware Version : 5.10SH
Current Firmware Date : Wed, 20 Jan 2010
I am pretty sure this is a ISP specific firmware version, though the 5.10 version number is the same as the generic version.

Any thoughts? I would prefer to not waste this router.

throughwalls

Re: D-link D-615 version E4

Post by throughwalls »

I managed to get it going using the instructions from http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/d-link/dir-615

I had to use the "Firefox 13 portable edition" trick mentioned. Curl did not work, neither did my existing browser.

Is it possible to alter the build so that download version specifically for this router can be made to install directly?