Enable QSS help

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

gargoyler

Enable QSS help

Post by gargoyler »

Hello everybody,

I am totally new to custom router firmware such as Gargoyle, but I am loving every second of it. My 1043ND works better than before. I have seen the code to enable the QSS button on the device and I would really like for this to work. Now I am a total noob, but so far I logged in to the router using putty. Now my question is, how do I get into editing etc/config/system and what do I do with the code provided in the following link (http://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/dok ... n_off_wifi). Can I copy paste this somehow and where exactly? If someone could tell me the steps to do this I am more than willing to try it. This is a newbie question but that's what I am unfortunately.

Thanks in advance!

BashfulBladder

Re: Enable QSS help

Post by BashfulBladder »

I think the 'vi' editor comes standard in Gargoyle. I never use it myself - I find it challenging to get changes to write out to file. I use nano - which you have to install:

Code: Select all

opkg update
opkg install nano
Edit the file:

nano /etc/config/system
[add the text]
[Control-X to exit, Y to confirm saving]
Create the /sbin/wifionoff file:

nano /sbin/wifionoff
[paste the text into the nano window]
[control-x to exit, Y to confirm; return]
And make the file executable:

chmod +x /sbin/wifionoff
Done (here's hoping).
TP-Link WDR3600 v1.1 running 1.5.10+ L10n-English (Built 20130922 - OpenWrt r38093)
TP-Link WDR4300 running 1.5.10+ i18n-English (Built 20131010 - OpenWrt r38286)

https://github.com/BashfulBladder/gargoyle-plugins/wiki

gargoyler

Re: Enable QSS help

Post by gargoyler »

Thank you for your help, I am going to give this a try!