D-Link DIR-825 C1 version

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

florachan

D-Link DIR-825 C1 version

Post by florachan »

hi I have purchased the D-Link DIR-825 C1 version, only to realized that gargoyle have yet to support this version yet. Openwrt just supported this Barrier Breaker trunk while gargoyle is still on Attitude Adjustment trunk.

Since I have no idea how to compile my own build... I will probably have to wait.

Anyone know what the timeline for gargoyle to update to Barrier Breaker?

thanks

ericwong

Re: D-Link DIR-825 C1 version

Post by ericwong »

florachan wrote: Anyone know what the timeline for gargoyle to update to Barrier Breaker?
My guess is it will likely be years... if you take a look at the time it took for gargoyle to get upgraded from backfire to attitude adjustment while attitude adjustment had been in development since December 2011 after backfire is released.
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/dok ... =changelog
http://wiki.openwrt.org/about/history

It will probably be easier/faster for you to get another router to run gargoyle or do a custom build.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

florachan

Post by florachan »

eric wong, thanks for replying. compiling my own build is not something I remotely know... I really like gargoyle firmware before and I have been using this firmware for 2 years before my WL-500gP V2 died on me..
Anyone can point me to where I can learn how to do it or anyone can compile one for me ? thanks

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

florachan wrote:eric wong, thanks for replying. compiling my own build is not something I remotely know... I really like gargoyle firmware before and I have been using this firmware for 2 years before my WL-500gP V2 died on me..
Anyone can point me to where I can learn how to do it or anyone can compile one for me ? thanks
I don't think you can pull it off yourself if you need to ask.

First, you need to be somewhat linux competent.
Second, you need to do a backport of your device back to Attitude Adjustment (assuming it will work) and then build Gargoyle.
(Unless you are a developer yourself or someone is willing to do this voluntarily, it will be cheaper and easier for you to get another router that works with Gargoyle..)

All the information you need to build your own ROM have been on gargoyle web site for years....
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/dok ... umentation
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.