Installing Gargoyle directly from DD-WRT

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

dacman61

Installing Gargoyle directly from DD-WRT

Post by dacman61 »

I just wanted to check and be sure that I can directly flash the Gargoyle image on my TP-Link TL-WR841N v7.2 that already has DD-WRT, or should I revert to the factory image then go to Gargoyle?

I've been using DD-WRT for years, but just found out about Gargoyle and wanted to give it a shot.

Thanks!
Last edited by dacman61 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

roadie

Re: Installing Gargoyle directly from DD-WRT

Post by roadie »

I went from DD-WRT to Gargoyle on my router...
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH + Gargoyle 1.5.9

dacman61

Re: Installing Gargoyle directly from DD-WRT

Post by dacman61 »

It didn't work for me going straight from DD-WRT, so I flashed it back to the stock firmware. Then I tried upgrading to Gargoyle from the stock web interface but it wouldn't recognize the firmware file when I clicked the "Upgrade" button. I found out why later after trying some things with OpenWRT. It ended up being that the gargoyle firmware filename was too long or maybe it didn't like some characters. I just renamed it to gargoyle-factory.bin and it finally took. I wonder if that was my original problem when I was running DD-WRT from the start.

Anyway, everything works now, and I'm running "gargoyle_1.5.9-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr841nd-v7-squashfs-factory.bin". It's currently set up as an Access Point to supplement additional wireless coverage in my house on the far side away from my main router, a Linksys E3000 running DD-WRT r20453.

:ugeek: