D-Link DIR-300 - Enable bridge, lose access

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

rhy7s

D-Link DIR-300 - Enable bridge, lose access

Post by rhy7s »

I've just flashed a D-Link DIR-300 a couple of times with 1.5.6 as I lose access to the device when I enable bridge mode.

First time around I set:
new password
changed timezone
mode to wireless bridge
set bridge ip (192.168.1.250)
gateway ip (192.168.1.1)
repeater disabled
set ssid to join

after the reboot it never even pinged on the new address, it pings on .1 at first boot and a little bit later in the boot process but then goes back to being unresponsive.

So I flashed it again, came back up fine, this time I:
set new password
changed timezone
added ntp server
changed hostname
disabled lan dhcp
set wireless bridge
set bridge ip (192.168.1.250)
gateway ip (192.168.1.1)
repeater disabled
set ssid to join

and the same deal. No response after rebooting, I'll leave it on overnight as I've read about long boots. Are there any recommendations on a firmware I should be using for this device? Or any steps I should follow to troubleshoot this behaviour? Thanks

rhy7s

Re: D-Link DIR-300 - Enable bridge, lose access

Post by rhy7s »

Well, after coming back to it after a while it had reverted to the first-time setup stage. So I tried changing the ip while it was in the router mode, which worked, and then changing to bridge mode. The same thing happened, couldn't access it for a while, then it reverted to first-time setup.

rhy7s

Re: D-Link DIR-300 - Enable bridge, lose access

Post by rhy7s »

From seeing the posts here:
http://gargoylerouter.com/phpbb/viewtop ... 1720#p7733
&
http://gargoylerouter.com/phpbb/viewtop ... 1305#p6137

I decided to downgrade to 1.2.5 and everything is going fine thus far in client bridge mode.