WRT54GL - Static IP WAN problems

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

dr.bob

WRT54GL - Static IP WAN problems

Post by dr.bob »

I used Tomato Toastman on my WRT54GL 1,5 year without any problem. But I found the best user quota limits software. I successfully upgraded to Gargoyle soft (gargoyle_1.5.4-wrt54g-squashfs.bin) but I have not Internet access through Wired Static IP WAN. I can ping ISP gateway but I can not ping any DNS server. I changed all DNS settings, erase NVRAM, start flash from default settings - all without result. I tried Gargoyle 1.4.7 with the same result - no DNS responce. After downgrade to Tomato or Linksys soft - no problem with DNS. Where I made mistake?

mix

Re: WRT54GL - Static IP WAN problems

Post by mix »

This is probably going to be hard to troubleshoot unless you post some sort of screenshot of the web configuration showing what you think are the correct gargoyle settings for your isp and dns servers. Most other advice is really a shot in the dark. I can advise you to use 1.4.7 with the WRT54GL though.
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7

dr.bob

Re: WRT54GL - Static IP WAN problems

Post by dr.bob »

I used default Gargoyle settings + WAN (wired static IP, subnet mask, gateway) + custom DNS. The identical settings on Tomato or Linksys firmware works OK. I think my ISP block something or 1.5.4 working not properly or something else ...