No wifi after firmware update

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

cagrappler

No wifi after firmware update

Post by cagrappler »

Hello, I just installed gargolye on my Netgear3700v1 and now i dont have a wifi signal, also i am no longer able to log into the netgear router login page which is how i uploaded the firmware in the first place, when i click on the icon on my desktop it auto directs me to netgears support homepage, did i do something wrong here? any help would be appreciated.

I installed the following onto my router:
gargoyle_1.5.0-ar71xx-wndr3700-squashfs-factory-NA.img

marto

Re: No wifi after firmware update

Post by marto »

Same happen to me too, but with TP-Link WR1043ND. Please advice how to proceed next.

1an

Post by 1an »

cagrappler wrote:Hello, I just installed gargolye on my Netgear3700v1 and now i dont have a wifi signal, also i am no longer able to log into the netgear router login page which is how i uploaded the firmware in the first place, when i click on the icon on my desktop it auto directs me to netgears support homepage, did i do something wrong here? any help would be appreciated.

I installed the following onto my router:
gargoyle_1.5.0-ar71xx-wndr3700-squashfs-factory-NA.img

The netgear router login page is part of the standard (factory) firmware for your router, which you replaced when you installed gargoyle! To access the equivalent gargolyle login page enter its IP address (usually 192.168.1.1) in your browser address bar, default username is admin (can't remember if you have to provide this), default password is "password" (suggest you change this!). As I recall, the first time you login, you are directed to some setup options, including changing the admin password.

As for wifi, it is disabled by default on new gargoyle installation. To turn it on, log into gargoyle (as above), click on the "Connection" tab, and configure the "Wireless" section at the bottom of the resulting page. You will need to re-enter the SSID and password you previously used with the standard netgear firmware, or choose new ones, and update these manually (on the device)for any wifi devices you want to connect via gargoyle router.

hope this helps

Ian
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH = Gargoyle 1.5.3
Linksys WRT54GL v1.2 = Gargoyle 1.3.13
SMC Barricade SMC2804WBRP-G = SMC firmware v2.08

cagrappler

Post by cagrappler »

thank you very much for the reply, works great.