Transmit power max 20dbm

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

wesleyh

Re: Transmit power max 20dbm

Post by wesleyh »

ok so what do we do when the EEPROM gets messed up? I need a good set of instructions on what to do to revcover it. I am getting the dredded FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF message. this is not to easy to fix as all the documentation I have found is not a good step by step. this is a WNDR3700V2

josephgrab

Post by josephgrab »

I tried editing the basic.sh file as said, changing the "18 : 20" to "30". When I did, my interface changed, but I was not connected to the internet. Is there a way to do this and still connect? I was able to do this with WinSCP and Notepad++, then uploading the file back with WinSCP.

josephgrab

Post by josephgrab »

One other thing. I was using a WDR3600, not 3700. However, I would think everything would be the same. I was also using Gargoyle 1.10.0.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

The GUI reads the limit from the driver and dynamically applies it.
Ultimately the driver won’t let you set a value that is not allowed, so editing the GUI is futile.

Stick to the regulations.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.