Linksys EA8500

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

Walton

Linksys EA8500

Post by Walton »

Hi from Australia,

I have been running Gargoyle on Netgear routers for a few years now and am very happy with it. These are in a Ski Club and remote access is important.

One of the club members is pestering and offering a Linksys EA8500 as he thinks this will increase the browsing speed (there is only ADSL2+ available where the routers are).

Can Gargoyle be run on the EA8500? I looked on the download area and couldn't see any reference to it.

Thanks in advance,

Lantis

Re: Linksys EA8500

Post by Lantis »

The newest testing builds (1.13.x) can be used on the ea8500.
It's not going to magically get you more speed from ADSL2+ though ;)
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Walton

Post by Walton »

Thanks Lantis for the response.

And yes I know it won't magically increase the speed but sometimes you have to let someone do this so they find out first hand.

BJReplay

Post by BJReplay »

I'm using the EA8500 with a household of four working from home during Melbourne's extended lockdown and it is running solidly on the 1.13.x test builds.

It won't speed up ADSL, but might offer more reliable WiFi connections in the Ski Club over an older router, which might help a little.

Walton

Post by Walton »

Thanks for the info.

We will test it next time we're there and go from there.

Melbourne here too, what a year (to forget!!)