Wdr3600 external storage issue

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

darnoq

Wdr3600 external storage issue

Post by darnoq »

Hi,
So I use gargoyle since many years with wdr3600 v1 and I'm happy with it. Few days ago my old laptop died so I dismantled it to recover old small ssd (60gb). Through gui I managed one time to change plugin root to this drive to install USB storage with nfs support (no space on internal wdr3600 memory for that). It worked till I rebooted the router. Now router can't see the usb storage from gui, nor can the plugin_root be set to external storage but.. it is normally visible and mounted when i log in through ssh as /mnt/sda

My question is how to resolve that issue? What is the config file directing to external plugin_root? Will modifying opkg.conf be enough for gargoyle to see external plugin root? What config file I modify to set up SMB shares?

Gargoyle version: 1.11.X (Built 20191030-1820 git@9998713a

ektus

Re: Wdr3600 external storage issue

Post by ektus »

I've had a similar problem with a TL-WR1043ND V1 recently. Looks like the USB port is picky with devices, I had to try three different USB sticks to get it working. The symptoms were the same, did work one time, then again failed to recognize the device. There were error messages in the system logs (use SSH logread or logread plugin to access these) about failure in enumerating the USB devices. One time it would work when plugging in the device, but not when booting with the device present.

darnoq

Re: Wdr3600 external storage issue

Post by darnoq »

Adding this:
for i in /sys/bus/usb/drivers/*/*:*; do
echo "${i##*/}" > "${i%/*}/unbind"
echo "${i##*/}" > "${i%/*}/bind"
done
exit

in /etc/rc.local resolves the issue,