wrt350N v1 install

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

sodapopdima

Re: wrt350N v1 install

Post by sodapopdima »

I would just like to report success to flashing those manually compiled fils, I am now running openwrt but am afraid to upgrade to gargoyle so as not to brick the router.

I just wanted to know if I need an older set of Gargoyle packages to ensure this won't brick or if it doesn't matter.

OpenWrt Kamikaze 8.09
Host: OpenWrt
Uptime: 1 min
Date: 2000-01-01
Time: 00:01:51
Load: 0.23, 0.13, 0.04

Firmware OpenWrt Kamikaze - With X-Wrt Extensions 8.09
Kernel Linux 2.4.35.4 #34 Tue Mar 10 08:55:31 EDT 2009

[update]
OK I tried this and I guess the Kamikaze packages are no longer hosted here???
Guess this is a problem when trying to install gargoyle as a set of packages, and the instructions to do so are very outdated.

Slimey

Post by Slimey »

i ran into the same problem, http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... f=8&t=1902

someone did make a version of tomato that worked sorta but they disappeared from the internet with the source and what they did to make it work.. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24543022/tomat ... 06-Ext.bin

can be flashed from linksys fw or dd-wrt and can be flashed back to other firmwares from tomato, one thing to note is that under tomato any action that causes a reboot requires the router to be rebooted via power cycle as it does not restart on its own for some reason

it is very possible to run 2.6 kernel based dd-wrt firmwares as i have done it myself using a modified CFE, https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24543022/350n_ ... nd_2.6.zip

Slimey

Post by Slimey »

and fyi on the latest release of gargoyle the router will boot as long as you don't clear the nvram, but no networking interfaces are found, if the nvram is cleared then you will get a kernel panic.

on a lighter note: I made a really neat serial cable that can use the four serial pins inside the wan port, makes recovery a breeze. :)

sodapopdima

Post by sodapopdima »

Slimey wrote:and fyi on the latest release of gargoyle the router will boot as long as you don't clear the nvram, but no networking interfaces are found, if the nvram is cleared then you will get a kernel panic.

on a lighter note: I made a really neat serial cable that can use the four serial pins inside the wan port, makes recovery a breeze. :)

@Slimey
wow thx I will try the tomato beta as well

Do you know the site it used to be at for the sourse code, maybe wayback machine can have a copy of the download

Slimey

Post by Slimey »

I do not, teddy_b at tomatousb was working on adding support then one day he just disappeared..