2 TL-WR1043ND tp-link routers that can't access UI

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

tcrozier

2 TL-WR1043ND tp-link routers that can't access UI

Post by tcrozier »

So I currently have 2 tp-link TL-WR1043ND routers (v1.9 and v1.11) with the same problem. I had Gargoyle 1.5.6 installed and after making a firewall quota change it lost most of the quota changes. I then tried to reload saved settings and afterwards I could no longer access the UI.
I am able to ping and telnet into the router after getting the router into failsafe mode. And I tried to recover the router by doing the following with no success. (I still can telnet into the router afterwards)
• Repeatedly press the qss button for 30 seconds after applying power to the router. 
• telnet 192.168.1.1
• mtd -r erase rootfs_data
I have also tried
• mount_root
• firstboot && reboot now
This did nothing. Then I tried
• mount_root
• umount /overlay && jffs2reset && reboot now
The problem with this was I was unable to unmount overlay no matter what I tried.
I then tried to see if I could get a copy of the bin onto the router, by using winscp, tftp, putting a copy on a thumbdrive but was not able to connect or mount the drive.
I am at a loss right now on how to proceed. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

ispyisail

Re: 2 TL-WR1043ND tp-link routers that can't access UI

Post by ispyisail »

I then tried to reload saved settings and afterwards I could no longer access the UI.
This is the expected behaviour

You might need to use a serial cable?

Possible solutions on this page
https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1043nd

TL-WR1043ND is getting old now you should also consider an upgrade.