Gargoyle on PC - Beginner Level

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

sydmeister

Re: Build an X86_64 router from scratch with Gargoyle??

Post by sydmeister »

Hi guys,
I'm very new to this concept of pc routers and this is something I have been tasked with recently. Is it possible to load Gargoyle onto a pc and how does one go about doing that?
Thanks in advance.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

mojolacerator

Post by mojolacerator »

One thing I would suggest to make sure you do, is format the target drive before you do anything else, and make sure you re-size the partition after installing the "img" file.

I am running Gargoyle on a PC, and also in a VM on a Qnap NAS.
Gargoyle

i5-3550, 8gb ram, 120gb ssd

sydmeister

Gargoyle on PC - Beginner Level

Post by sydmeister »

Good day, can someone please assist with installing gargoyle on a pc. I'm pretty new to this and my boss has tasked me with this. If this has been discussed before can someone please share the thread link. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Just some background info:
We have an old pc which we would like to setup to run gargoyle on for better management of the network usage. So far I've read the info on forums and attempted the install but have not been lucky thus far. A step by step guide would be suitable but if not possible maybe some pointing in the right direction for such information and assistance.

Thank you all.

ispyisail

Re: Gargoyle on PC - Beginner Level

Post by ispyisail »