ubnt bullet m2

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

malkamus

ubnt bullet m2

Post by malkamus »

I am trying to use a bullet m2 to connect to a wifi connection to access the internet.
I have a ubnt nano running the airos that was on these units and 1 2 3 I get it up and connected. No matter what setting I use in gargoyle I can not get connected to my internet wifi connection.
version 1.11 allows me to see the ssid I want to connect to but does not connect to it, version 1.3 tells me there are no wifi connections available.
I must be doing something wrong in the setup but I am lost. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Lantis

Re: ubnt bullet m2

Post by Lantis »

What exactly have you tried? What settings?
Screenshots would help here (please host them externally)
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

malkamus

Post by malkamus »

Ok so I live aboard my boat and can not get wired internet, the marina's public wifi is loaded so a buddy and I are using a hotspot to access the internet. I was using a nano m2 for years to connect to it, was given a bullet to mess with. I found out it had gargoyle installed and he forgot the password, tftp an update to gargoyle because it would not flash the original software back on it. gained access to the bullet, tried to set it up as a gateway, bridge and ap. set ip to 192.168.1.100, tried using isp dns and force to use router dns, select our ssid. set password and save never connects to that ssid I have changed and tried pretty much every option listed in both gateway mode and bridge mode but nothing.
I am also connected only with the main pc not going through my router i connect these ubnt devices to the rest of the network.
If you need exact settings I can disconnect from the nano and reconnect to the bullet and write down all the options and setting that are on there but I have tried everything in every combination I can think of icluding the settings as they are on the nano on the bullet.

malkamus

Post by malkamus »

did my last reply not post?
Sorry mods forgot I had to wait for my post to be reviewed.
Last edited by malkamus on Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RomanHK

Post by RomanHK »

I understand it well - you do not know your WiFi password and therefore you can not connect? will you get some way to Gargoyle?
Turris Omnia with OpenWrt 21.02 - Tested
Linksys WRT3200ACM with Gargoyle 1.13.x
TL-WR1043ND v2 with Gargoyle 1.10.0

http://gargoyle.romanhk.cz custom builds by gargoyle users

malkamus

Post by malkamus »

No I have all passwords to everything. Gargoyle will not connect the the source of my internet.

RomanHK

Post by RomanHK »

Can you write a schema?
Internet <---> WAN Gargoyle router WiFi <-x-> WiFi UBNT M2 <---> LAN PC

malkamus

Post by malkamus »

Internet through the gargoyle bullet m2 transferred to a router for lan access.
That's all there is. Just trying to use it as it was designed. The gargoyle just will not connect to the ssid of my internet access.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

If it won’t connect to a wifi network there’s usually only a few things that can be wrong.
1. SSID
2. Channel
3. Encryption
4. Password

Stick with using gateway mode (wireless DHCP) for now until it is working correctly.
My current theory is that auto fill in your browser is overwriting the wifi password with the Gargoyle password. Can you double check it is entered correctly?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

RomanHK

Post by RomanHK »

I'm sorry, I did not understand.
Is it right now?
Internet WiFi AP <-x-> WiFi client UBNT M2 (Gargoyle) LAN <---> LAN PC