WR1043ND V1.10 issue

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

Aziraphale

WR1043ND V1.10 issue

Post by Aziraphale »

Hi all,

I just installed Gargoyle 1.10 on my WR1043ND V1.10, but I cannot access the user interface. The two leds for power and system come on and the wan led indicates that there is traffic, but when I type 192.168.1.1 in my browser I get a time out and a message that it cannot be reached.

I tried failsafe reset via SSH and I can access the router in failsafe mode and do the reset and reboot, but it does not solve the problem.

Can anyone help me solve this issue? I am a complete newbie and do not really know what more I could try.

Erik

Lantis

Re: WR1043ND V1.10 issue

Post by Lantis »

Are you connecting to the LAN of the router?
Are you receiving a DHCP address?
Have you tried a static IP?

If failsafe is working it implies that the router is functional.
Did you install this clean or did you upgrade to it?
If you upgraded, did you attempt to preserve settings when you shouldn’t have?

Ultimately a successful failsafe reset should result in an accessible router and the issue should be external.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Aziraphale

Post by Aziraphale »

I have set the ip for the ethernetcard on my laptop to 192.168.1.2 (I think... When I check the network properties for ethernet it says its on that ip address) and it's connected to the wan-port on the router with a cable, with wifi on the laptop switched off. The laptop indicates that it's connected to an unknown network without internet.

When I look at the connection I can see that it is doing something (the wan led blinks every now and again), but it also indicates that there is no network access on ipv4 and ipv6. I did a clean install over the original TPLink firmware.

Might it be something to do with the settings on my laptop or the way I try to access the router? I also tried a different laptop with Linux Mint on it, with the same results.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

You won't get in over the WAN port.
You must be on LAN.

The firewall is setup to protect against access via the WAN for obvious reasons.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Aziraphale

Post by Aziraphale »

Ah... Right... Ok... I'm in... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks a lot for your help! This shows how much of a noob I am here...

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Easy mistake. Enjoy :)

Aziraphale

Post by Aziraphale »

Thanks! But I am immediately stuck at the next bit.... I have configured the router to bridge mode, but when I save the settings it reboots and after I login (with the password I set) I'm back to the firstboot screen asking me for a new password and all the settings I made are gone.

Am I doing something really stupid again? I used the router in bridge mode with the TPLink firmware and that worked perfectly. I don't really want the 1043 to do everything as the router from my ISP has 5ghz wifi and I want my devices to be able to use that too.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I would try reflashing (without preserve settings) the latest 1.10.x to eliminate anything that may have gone wrong with the flash and try again