Bricked tp link 1043ND HW v1.11

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

DataBeta

Bricked tp link 1043ND HW v1.11

Post by DataBeta »

Hello,

I have managed to brick the 1043nd v1.11 although the flash seemed to go smoothly.

When the router is powered on, the power light stays solid however all the other lights briefly flash.

If a lan cable is connected, the light of the connected port flashes for an extra instant and then the whole sequence repeats.

If connected to a pc, windows will flash between lan cable connected and unplugged over and over.

I read that certain versions of this router (above hw version 1.8) have tftp recovery and i have tried setting a vanilla XP machine, no firewalls or AV, setting it to a static of 192.168.0.66 and using tftp32 to see if the router was attempting a recovery.

At this point, this method has not been successful as it seems that the router is not maintaining the lan ports in a switched on status. I have tried the wan port as well but to no avail, the pc always shows cable disconnected if the cable is connected to the wan port of the router.

Is there anything i am missing or anything i need to try before i try the serial access method by opening up and soldering?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

ispyisail

Re: Bricked tp link 1043ND HW v1.11

Post by ispyisail »

see the Openwrt wiki for your router for the best support instructions

Google "openwrt failsafe reset 1043ND"

Failing that you will need to look at a serial cable recovery.

1.11.x is still highly experimental at this stage.