La Fonera 2100 best firmware?

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

jimbolaya

La Fonera 2100 best firmware?

Post by jimbolaya »

I managed to flash 1.10 on my LaFonera Fon 2100 recently. I've been encountering kernel oopses every time I boot it. It's been a different error each time.

I was searching past posts to determine which might be the best firmware to use. It looks like this subject gets revisited from time to time, most recently in 2015.

Reading this topic from 2015 indicates that 1.3.3 was pretty good. There are other older posts, but nothing newer on this topic.

I was hoping for some guidance on this since 1.10 seems to be more than this poor little router can handle.

On a related note, I was also attempting to find threads on the related topic of the fon-flash-gui but ...
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: fon gui flash.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.
In any case, I have a working 64-bit version, I was hoping to get a 32-bit version and I'm unable to compile it.

ispyisail

Re: La Fonera 2100 best firmware?

Post by ispyisail »

Router is too old

1.6.2 or older will be the most stable

I suspect you maybe finding a hardware failure