Gargoyle firmware for WR-741ND v3

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

smithyvn

Gargoyle firmware for WR-741ND v3

Post by smithyvn »

Hi, I am looking for a working Gargoyle firmware. My router information as below:
Firmware Version:
3.12.7 Build 101230 Rel.40167n
Hardware Version:
WR741N v3 00000000

Furthermore this router has FCC ID in the bottom as v2.4, I don't know why it can run v3 firmware. Please give me a hint how to install Gargoyle on this router.

Lantis

Re: Gargoyle firmware for WR-741ND v3

Post by Lantis »

WR741ND v3 is not supported by Gargoyle.
You may be able to use the v2 image, but I do not know for certain and can not give you a guarantee.

The device has 4mb of flash which means it is no longer advised to be used, and I do not think you will have much success even if you do get it working.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

smithyvn

Post by smithyvn »

Thanks for your reply. The FCC ID of my router is actually V2. I have installed "gargoyle_1.4.7-ar71xx-tl-wr741nd-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade" successfully, after that I rollback to stock firmware.

The problem is that I used the wrong version V3 instead of V2. Images were downloaded from Tplink-stripped-firmware page.

Now I cannot downgrade to V2, it keep reporting Error 18005 when adding V2 image. Can you help me to bypass this error? I tried many workarounds from some forums but nothing worked.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

That isn’t something we can help you with sorry.
Perhaps if you installed Gargoyle again and then downgraded to the correct image?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.