WRT3200ACM

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

Rvanamb

WRT3200ACM

Post by Rvanamb »

Ok so my question is what version works best on a new WRT3200ACS. The one on the download page fails to boot. I downloaded "gargoyle_1.11.x-mvebu-cortexa9-linksys-wrt3200acm-squashfs-factory.img" from lantisproject/mvebu-1.11.x/
and it boots and the GUI seems fine but the one feature I really use does not seem to work which is setting data quotas. With comcast setting a monthly limit gotta keep the kids from going over the cap. Not worried about wifi as I am just using it as a router. I didn't realize until after the purchase that there is a difference in the WRT3200ACS. Why Linksys would change a chipset and not at least increment the version? Who knows. If anyone could point me toward a gargoyle build that will work on this router and the quota function works I would be truly grateful. I don't want to blindly load and have to keep reverting firmware. Switched to this router as my old WNDR3700 couldn't get higher than 45mbps and my ISP provides 150mbps, but man was it stable.

Lantis

Re: WRT3200ACS

Post by Lantis »

Just a quick point, the model is a “WRT3200ACM”. Not “ACS”.

The version on my website is the latest available and only one that will work on the newer versions of the device.
Are you certain the quotas don’t work? I’ve been successfully using them locally.

Did you want to share what settings you are using and what specifically isn’t working?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Lantis

Re: WRT3200ACM

Post by Lantis »

Apologies, i have found one more latest build and now uploaded it to my site.
Again, i have tested this one and quotas work fine here.

http://lantisproject.com/gargoyle_custom/mvebu-1.11.x/
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Rvanamb

Post by Rvanamb »

Awesome thank you so much for the quick response. I loaded your new build and quotas are working. You have saved me from regretting my purchase of this router. Throughput is excellent and the features I use are working great. Should I test the wifi or is that still a work in progress. From what I have read the wifi on this router is flaky at best luckily I have a nighthawk for wifi. I am more than happy to be a guinea pig for this router if you need one. Again thank you for the help.

Rvanamb

Post by Rvanamb »

Thank you it works great now. Your help is much appreciated.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

No problem. Glad it works now.

This version is using the latest and greatest wifi drivers.
I have not personally experienced any issues, but there are still some reported.
Mostly around newer android clients.

Rvanamb

Post by Rvanamb »

Well I spoke too soon, quota's work but only if I have only one. I usually have 5 set up into different IP ranges. "192.168.1.3-192.168.1.29, 192.168.1.30-192.168.1.39, 192.168.1.40-192.168.1.49, 192.168.1.50-192.168.1.59, 192.168.168.1.60-192.168.1.69. At first it was working then 4 out of the 5 disappeared from the quota usage page. Right now I have it working with a single quota for all my kids devices using a IP range of "192.168.1.30-192.168.1.69". Everything on my network has a static IP with "enforce DHCP assignments" checked. Any ideas as to why when I have multiple ranges setup for quota's they disappear?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Not really, but I will try to set some up and test.
How long before they disappear?

When you flashed the new image, did you preserve old settings? I would recommend a reset.

Rvanamb

Post by Rvanamb »

I did restore settings from the first build I loaded. I will reset today and load everything again manually. I figured since they are both 1.11.x builds it would be fine but maybe not. Again thank you for your help it is much appreciated.

Rvanamb

Post by Rvanamb »

Reset to default, then manually entered everything. Added my five IP ranges into quotas, and only the first one entered shows up on the quota usage page. So it seems everything is working except using more than one quota.