settings aren't being saved

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

MereScott

settings aren't being saved

Post by MereScott »

Hello!

I had to buy a new router (wrt1900acs) and I had no problems flashing the correct firmware, but I can't save any settings - they disappear on reboot. I have used gargoyle before on my old router and had no problems whatsoever. The wifi is always off and the password is back to "password" when I log on again and quotas disappear - every setting is gone and enter to the login screen with new password and language settings.

I can't work out how to fix this - I need to use the quotas as I live remotely in Australia and have low peak data and high off peak data ... (and I have a new baby and my brain is a bit frazzled ... it's probably something simple....??)

Thanks for help in advance!

Lantis

Re: settings aren't being saved

Post by Lantis »

Reflash again.
Something has gone wrong and causing the router to mount the RAM as the file system instead of the flash.
You can confirm this with “df” command at the CLI, but a reflash is quicker
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.