Random reboot on Netgear WNDRMACv2 with 1.9.2

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

redhonker

Random reboot on Netgear WNDRMACv2 with 1.9.2

Post by redhonker »

Hi,

I upgraded from 1.9.0 to 1.9.2 and kept the setting. This runs fine for a few month until I need to make some configuration change -- the configuration page was all messed up. So I reflashed without preserving settings. A day later, it appears to have stability problem. It will reset periodically and have trouble reboot.

Upon reboot, I can see the power LED goes orange and stay there for a while. Then the reset of LED (about 4) goes steady orange. In about half min, it will go green along with the LAN LED. Then the WiFi goes blue. Within a second though, it will go back to steady power LED only. The process repeats several times. Roughly 5 cycles later, it finally reboots successfully. This lasted several min. A normal power cycle is about 40 seconds, and the blue WiFi is the last step.

It can remain stable for hours and then resets again.

What could I do to troubleshoot?

Thanks
Last edited by redhonker on Wed May 24, 2017 6:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Netgear WNDRMACv2 on 1.9.2

Lantis

Re: Random reboot on Netgear WNDRMACv2 with 1.9.2

Post by Lantis »

Do a fresh flash of 1.9.2 without preserving settings.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

redhonker

Re: Random reboot on Netgear WNDRMACv2 with 1.9.2

Post by redhonker »

Updated the original post. I flashed 1.9.2 without preserving settings. So it's a clean start.
Netgear WNDRMACv2 on 1.9.2