Need Help Identifying Aftermarket TP-link Wireless CPE with gargoyle loaded.

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

ravi.vamos

Need Help Identifying Aftermarket TP-link Wireless CPE with gargoyle loaded.

Post by ravi.vamos »

Hi friends, I have this aftermarket Wireless CPE (which i guess is a tp-link board)that came with gargoyle firmware...

And i want to revert back to stock firmware..just scared of bricking it flashing the wrong firmware.

The chipset reads
Atheros
AR9331 - AL3A
PVB946.003B
TAIWAN
In the router configuration page under status> overview
Device Name:DBCLiteM2
Version:1.5.X (Built 20140325-1508 git@505e8dc)
Model:DBCLiteM2
Device Configuration:Gateway
Memory Usage:12MB / 28.7MB (41.8%)
Connections:302/4096
CPU Load Averages:0.16 / 0.05 / 0.06 (1/5/15 minutes)

So, How do i get to identify the model of this? and revert back to stock?

Thanks in advance
Ravee

jayray

Re: Need Help Identifying Aftermarket TP-link Wireless CPE with gargoyle loaded.

Post by jayray »

Maybe I misunderstood what you're asking, but I think you answered your own question.
Device Name:DBCLiteM2
Model:DBCLiteM2
Have you tried googling that?
WRT1900acsv2 / alas, back to DD-WRT
WRT54G /DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mini

ravi.vamos

Re: Need Help Identifying Aftermarket TP-link Wireless CPE with gargoyle loaded.

Post by ravi.vamos »

jayray wrote:Maybe I misunderstood what you're asking, but I think you answered your own question.
Have you tried googling that?
Hey,Thanks. Yes, I googled it and landed on that page too.But i think DBCLiteM2 is not the actual model name..and i want to find what tp-links nomenclature of the board.Moreover, the chipset numbers differ a bit mine being AR9331...so, i was kind of skeptical.
I dont know to look up for the following output from windows machine...like the OP did in that thread.

Code: Select all

/ # cat /proc/cpuinfo
system type             : Atheros AR9330 rev 1
machine                 : TP-LINK TL-WR741ND v4
Regardless of all this, my main goal is to revert back to specific stock firmware.Its just that i have no idea where to look for to do that.

Regards

jayray

Post by jayray »

I'm sure I don't have a proper answer for you. The only hardware experience I've had has all been indoors with consumer grade equipment. I didn't know what a CPE was until I googled it.

Interesting that it should be able to use Gargoyle. This suggests to me that probably its typical hardware but in an outdoor casing. Maybe ever so slightly different. More ram than the consumer grade version, better heat sinks, that sort of thing.

If the firmware version of Gargoyle is an official release, you can probably cross reference most of what you know about the hardware with the Gargoyle archive. That might give you an exact, or at least close enough, hardware model that you can go snatch the stock FW. If you're unlucky, the previous owner built a custom version. But that should help narrow it down at least.

Did you peruse TP-Link's archives? TP-LINK TL-WR741ND v4 seems like a promising avenue of research.

Just a suggestion: skip the research and keep Gahrgoyle? :)
WRT1900acsv2 / alas, back to DD-WRT
WRT54G /DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mini