WDR4300 enters bootloop after heavy load

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

alex3137

WDR4300 enters bootloop after heavy load

Post by alex3137 »

Hello

I have 100 mbits connection but my router (WDR4300 v1, Gargoyle 1.9.2) cannot go higher than 30 mbits. The bottleneck is the CPU as I can see load average goes above 1.0 when I reach the max speed.

When the load is sustained, the router crashes and starts a bootloop. I need to reset it to the factory settings to stop that.

Is this a normal Gargoyle behaviour when router's CPU limit is reached ? Is there any logs somewhere to check ?

I limited max download speed to 25 mbits to prevent it happening. I don't really mind loosing 75 mbits as I will soon move to an area where internet is limited to 4 mbits...

ku1185

Re: WDR4300 enters bootloop after heavy load

Post by ku1185 »

Sorry this reply is so late and I hope you've figured out your issue. I can't think of any crash logs or cpu load logs anywhere, but perhaps someone more familiar with ssh can help.

Is there something else using up the CPU? A plugin perhaps? Overheating maybe?

Just before I bricked my WDR4300, I had no trouble handling 10 devices w/ a 50mbps internet connection along with moderate use of an external HD connected to the router serving as a home network storage. I see no reason why 30mbps of throughput crashes your router.