Archer C7 V2 - WAN Speed ~50Mbps

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

phibreoptix

Archer C7 V2 - WAN Speed ~50Mbps

Post by phibreoptix »

Hi All,

Recently got an FTTB/VDSL connection installed, which with just the ISPs VDSL modem connected directly to my PC through Ethernet gets ~92Mbps down.

When using Gargoyle on my Archer C7, the CPU usage hits 100% when downloading and my speeds caps out at around 55Mbps.

Can anyone recommend a Gargoyle compatible router that will be able to handle the WAN speed that I can now achieve?

Cheers.

phgerin

Re: Archer C7 V2 - WAN Speed ~50Mbps

Post by phgerin »

For the same reasons, I switched from a WDR3600 to a Linksys WRT1900AC.
I have QOS enabled and I have no problem with my 70Mbits VDSL.

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

Disable both your QoS and quota will allow you to reach almost 100Mbps WAN on Archer C7 V2 or wr1043nd v2/3 but that kinda defeats the purpose of using Gargoyle router.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

phibreoptix

Post by phibreoptix »

phgerin wrote:For the same reasons, I switched from a WDR3600 to a Linksys WRT1900AC.
I have QOS enabled and I have no problem with my 70Mbits VDSL.
Much appreciated, will look at getting one. Thanks!
ericwong wrote:Disable both your QoS and quota will allow you to reach almost 100Mbps WAN on Archer C7 V2 or wr1043nd v2/3 but that kinda defeats the purpose of using Gargoyle router.
Tried that, doesn't even come close to getting near the 100Mbps mark. As you stated though, QoS is one of the main reasons I am using the gargoyle software.